Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Micro Ti4200 Driver under WinXP

This isnt a huge issue but the X-Micro Ti4200 refuses to install the latest Nvidia detonator driver (28.32). The one that came on the cd is based on the 28.32 and installs fine; but I'd like the opportunity to install the Nvidia driver as well as Im sure they would update their driver more often than X-Micro.

Has anyone else who owns this card come across this issue under XP and if so How did u get around it?

Thanks in Advance

Which way are you going about installing the drivers?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Funny, I can use other drivers. About the worst that happens to me is that I get a window that pops up when loading certain versions that states that it's not a Microsoft Approved driver. I tell it to load anyway and carry on from there.

If you're having a problem with only one driver, then it may be corrupt. Go to another website that offers it and try that one. It happens like that occassionally.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Windows XP Certified, the biggest crock of **** ever - Do you realise it costs companies $10,000 US to certify each driver, and we are talking each new release not just the one type of driver. Now you know why not all drivers are certified.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    Which way are you going about installing the drivers?
    Well ive tried the device manager angle where you choose update driver and after extracting the latest nvidia driver from the nvidia site to a folder (all files are present) it refuses to see a driver there

whereas If i tell it to go to the winxp folder on the X-micro CD...no hassles

Ive disabled the driver signatures etc but with no luck.

It just doesnt want to use anything but the x-micro driver on the CD ( ive tried everything...giving up...going to trust x-micro to update regularly

:flames: Ok, Ive been looking and looking of where to buy this X-micro Ti4200, and I have even emailed the company with no sucess:flames:

Please tell me where to buy it. I want the 128mb version which has VIVO capabilities. :confused:

Please where? and How much did you pay for yours?

best,
    "Bluethunder"
    http://freebirdswing.org/images/fb-vfw-banner3.jpg

FreeBirds North American VFS

System Specs: Win 98SE,CPU: Athlon 1.4, MOBO: ECS K7S5A@ 256FSB, SIS 735 AGP Chipset, 256 MB PC2100 DDR, 19"Viewsonic PF790 Monitor, Video Card: 32MG Diamond Viper Ultra 770 Nvidia Chip/Detonators Version 27.20, HD: WD40gig7200rpm DX 8.1, 56k Modular Tech HSP56 modem, Saitek X36 USB Flight Controller/Throttle,40X QPS CD-ROM, Cacheman5.0,Permanent Swap file @ 256 MG Max/Min, Edimensional 3d glasses

Well Im from Australia and I paid $462AU which is about $262US over there.

thanks Topper. Yeah, I just ordered mine, and cant wait to receive it. I think this one is a bit better than the leadtek one, since it actually has also good heatsinks but ViVo features as well. Cant wait to get it. Just sent my money order today..

best,

:cry:
    "Bluethunder"

System Specs: Win 98SE,CPU: Athlon 1.4, MOBO: ECS K7S5A@ 256FSB, SIS 735 AGP Chipset, 256 MB PC2100 DDR, 19"Viewsonic PF790 Monitor, Video Card: 32MG Diamond Viper Ultra 770 Nvidia Chip/Detonators Version 27.20, HD: WD40gig7200rpm DX 8.1, 56k Modular Tech HSP56 modem, Saitek X36 USB Flight Controller/Throttle,40X QPS CD-ROM, Cacheman5.0,Permanent Swap file @ 256 MG Max/Min, Edimensional 3d glasses

Where did you find it?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

its actually not in retail stores yet, and I got it from a rep from xmicro. Its actually a model unit, i know the price is a bit high for 190 bucks but I think itll be worth it. Ill let you guys know how everything goes. the good thing is that it has all the manuals and bundled software.

best,
    "Bluethunder"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information