Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ge-Force PCI?

Are there any Ge-Force video cards that will fit into a PCI slot these days? Any names of products and links of where to buy them would be kool!
    Thanks,
    Josh

I HATE FARIES-
    :kay: :shoot2:

There use to be some GF2MX PCI cards around but I havn't seen any around since before last Xmas now. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Beefy Guest

Like Wiggo said, there used to be some gf2MX cards, but it's been a while since I've seen one too. Check out eBay or the online store list <a href="http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=975" target="_blank">here</a>. I know that Jaton are one of the companies that make / made these cards though.

They seemed to have disappeared when the MX200/400's came out for some reason but several of the places that I buy from had them but soon dropped from sight. The Hercules Kyro's are the only PCI cards that I can find now that have any performance but they are known to have some compatability issues with them. :smokin:

I won a HP prebuilt computer in an online competetion. Its a P3-800 and it has 18MB onboard memory but it slows down the computer a great deal. Casue the stupid custom MoBo doesnt have an AGP slot im lookin around for a half decent PCI video card. Thanks Beefy ill have a look on ebay!

Well PCI cards generally suk ( i would know i have one). I also had to take time to find a PCI card cos my POS gateway board had no AGP slot. Eventually i bought a TNT2 model 64, and it performed about as well as the onboard 8meg Riva128. gamedude sells MX400's in PCI, however they are more expensive and dont perform as well. If i were you i would look into a matrox card. The 3D performance of the G550 is equivalent to that of an AGP Geforce 2, and the 2D performance is much better, and it also has a PCI interface

PCI cards may suck when compared to AGP ones but they beat the **** out of most onboard video options. :devil:

Oh I found some PCI GF2MX400 64MB cards at Zone Computing. ;)

I just want a video card (PCI) that will stop draggin my Processor's performance down and enough power to play 'The Sims'. Thanks everyone for ya help!

Well that one should stop the performance hit. ;)

I suggest the VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 MX 420. It has 64MB SDRAM and it kicks the crap out of the 16MB Voodoo 3 2000 I was using. :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information