Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: geforce3 and winxp

I've heard most geforce2 cards have fans as well. The problem is, I don't know the make of the card:( It came in this cheesy cardboard box with a geforce3 ti200 sticker on it. The card itself doesn't say anything, and doesn't look anything like the pic on the box. XP detects it as a geforce3 ti200. The card was really getting pretty hot... I went ahead and ordered a fan for it, so I'll see how that goes. Fry's wouldn't take it back since I cut off the UPC? code for the rebate.

i would be very careful believing anything that fry's tells you. I've had very bad experiences with the one in houston and they don't give a ****. Putting a ****ty video card in a box with a geForce3 sticker sounds like **** that they would do. I just don't trust them if you can't tell. However, they have good prices and all kinds of goodies so you've gotta take the good with the bad i suppose.
    ASUS A7N8X DX
    Athlon XP 2100+
    Volcano 11
    1024mb Samsung PC2700
    (2) WD 80gig SE
    Chaintech GeForce3 Ti200
    SoundBlaster Live! 5.1
    LG GCE-8320B CD-RW
    LG GSA-4163B DVD-RAM
    Win XP Pro Sp2

I'm starting to get that impression about them as well. This is the second problem I've had:-( Next time I may order my stuff online instead.

I'm starting to get that impression about them as well. This is the second problem I've had:-( Next time I may order my stuff online instead.
    Well, I have never been to a Fry's, nor have I ever seen a Fry's store, they aren't in this area at all.... BUT I am going to have to defend Fry's on this. Did you honestly expect getting what you wanted despite doing SO little reasearch that you didn't know what BRAND, MODEL, or even CHIPSET card you were buying?

Its no one's fault but your own. And making purchases like you made going ONLINE to buy them will only make the situation WORSE !!! -- Don't kid yourself.

Well, first off I didn't purchase the card myself. My friend came along to help pick out the parts. I was just writing checks, as I don't trust myself purchasing my own parts for that reason. There's no way I'd do something like this solo yet.

I still think it's ridiculous that they had a picture of one card on the box, and then have something different inside. I went out and purchased a GPU fan and some heatsinks and the card works now. According the the box, it should have come with those things.

Well at least ya didn't have to remove the old one to add a better one. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I still think it's ridiculous that they had a picture of one card on the box, and then have something different inside.
    I agree, absolutely ridiculous. You should have taken it back immediately. Who would be content with something expensive that was mis-packaged?

Yeah, I really should have waited to send that rebate in. Made sure everything worked first, lol. Oh well, live and learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information