Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can I trust PowerStrip???

I´ve just installed PowerStrip 3.18 Build 287 and in the Options/Adapter information tab i find that my mobo supports only 1x AGP transfer rate...
    But in the mobo manual and in the company´s web page specs it´s stated that the chipset supports AGP4x (AGP 2.0) and in PowerStrip also says that the AGP revision of the board is 2.0.... so WTF!!!!! is PowStrip right? can flash to an older BIOS be od any good? i have the latest BIOS (v 1.2e, 07/31/2001)...
    Also many games (like Black & White) and benchs (like 3DMark2001SE) hiccups when heavy rendering is being done, so i have good framerates but it just "hiccups" often... wich is VERY annoying; and some games like Operation Flashpoint won´t let me start a mission....
    none of this happened with my old GF2MX200 (though i didn´t got nearly as good framerates as with the GF3Ti200), so I don´t know where to look at for problems... I have the Det 29.42 which have improved the situation a bit, but the difference is almost neggligible...

I´M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scream:
    Please help me... :?:

(sorry for my bad english too)
    [Taaroa Waimea]
    MSI K3T Ultra (VIA KT333)
    AMD AthlonXP 1500+
    Micron PC2100 256Mb DDR RAM CL2
    GF3Ti200@stock
    Detonator 30.82
    Western Digital ATA66 9.3Gb
    ALC650 sound
    LG CD-RW 16x10x40x
    "La educación no es más que el entendimiento progresivo de la ignorancia"

Are you using the latest VIA 4in1's? Make sure that the AGP drivers are installed in Turbo mode too. Also ECS arn't anywhere near the best when it comes to quality. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Ok wiggo, please stop telling me the ECS boards r cheapo! i know! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ;)
    yes i got the latest 4in1, but i installed them in standard mode... i´ll give a shot to the turbo mode....
    Any other suggestion? (besides changing mobo!!!!:scream: )

and this is silly but... what does "lol" stands for? remember i´m from uruguay...
    [Taaroa Waimea]
    AMD AthlonXP 1500+
    GF3Ti200@stock
    Detonator 30.82
    ALC650 sound
    LG CD-RW 16x10x40x

Have you tried SiSoft Sandra to see what it tells you? I've never used Powerstrip as I use GeForce Tweak Utility from http://www.guru3d.com/ :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

i´ll try that too....
    what was lol again?

:cheers:
    [Taaroa Waimea]
    AMD AthlonXP 1500+
    GF3Ti200@stock
    Detonator 30.82
    ALC650 sound
    LG CD-RW 16x10x40x

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tatoruso
    and this is silly but... what does "lol" stands for? remember i´m from uruguay...
    'lol' is short for 'Laughing out loud'....

Thanx Beefy!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Tatoruso
    yes i got the latest 4in1, but i installed them in standard mode
    Right there is your problem. When you install the 4-in-1 set in Standard mode, you are telling it right from the beginning that you only want AGP 1x support. You MUST install in Turbo mode to get 2x and/or 4x AGP support.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i´ve just installed the AGP drivers at turbo mode and it works! The hiccups continued, but i tried disabling "dynamic PCI bursting" from the BIOS and everything works just fine..... graphically speaking. i still get BSODs, and in stupid things like trying a screensaver... it says (generally) like "fatal mistake... blablabla... VXD:00000000094375423" (the number i wrote is just invented) and it really :cry: frustrates me.
    but well. i think i´ll get a MSI K7T266 PRO2 pretty soon :D so hopefully those problems will be over (since i didn´t got ´em with my old GF2MX i assume my gf3ti200 has some kind of compatibility issue or something...)

Thanx to you all!

BTW my 3dmark score is 4800-4850. :thumb:

:cheers:

Thread Information