Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: two cards in crossfire or one high End

Default two cards in crossfire or one high End

i have ATI X1950 Pro 512M DDR3
    and GA-EX38-DQ6 Board

and i want to upgrade grafic card

so what's better get Another card X1950 and crossfire theme
    is that good enough and will change the performance of my PC

or get another card high end

becouse i don't want to spent much money

Thanx

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: two cards in crossfire or one high End

I thought the same, and had a X1950Pro myself. Bought a 3870 and plan to pickup another just for crossfire. But I think a new 4870 or so would be better then 2x3870 or lesser card.

Not sure though as I do not game myself, I just wanted crossfire since my board supports it and why not if I could!

Hopefully some Gamers will chime in with some real answers for ya

Talking Re: two cards in crossfire or one high End

well how much do you have to spend also whats the rest of your computer specs. What type of games do u play and at what resolution. Sorry to have you sent to another forum but they have many charts where you can see which card will be the better choice for performance/price. this is just the 3d mark 06 tests there are many more

Charts, benchmarks Gaming Graphics Charts Q3/2008, 3DMark06 v1.1.0 3DMark Score

One single high end card. Crossfire can be weird sometimes and I don't know how efficiently two cards are used when it comes to gaming but I'm sure (and I'm also sure I'll have 3 people correct me if I'm wrong) if you had two cards that had the same combined power on paper as a high end one, the single high end card would be used better so just sell what you have and go for something like the 4870. Also, some games aren't really optimized for crossfire so there's another reason to go with a single card.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I thought the same, and had a X1950Pro myself. Bought a 3870 and plan to pickup another just for crossfire. But I think a new 4870 or so would be better then 2x3870 or lesser card.

Not sure though as I do not game myself, I just wanted crossfire since my board supports it and why not if I could!

Hopefully some Gamers will chime in with some real answers for ya
    Quote Originally Posted by BURTON88 View Post
    well how much do you have to spend also whats the rest of your computer specs. What type of games do u play and at what resolution. Sorry to have you sent to another forum but they have many charts where you can see which card will be the better choice for performance/price. this is just the 3d mark 06 tests there are many more

Charts, benchmarks Gaming Graphics Charts Q3/2008, 3DMark06 v1.1.0 3DMark Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SinCron View Post
    One single high end card. Crossfire can be weird sometimes and I don't know how efficiently two cards are used when it comes to gaming but I'm sure (and I'm also sure I'll have 3 people correct me if I'm wrong) if you had two cards that had the same combined power on paper as a high end one, the single high end card would be used better so just sell what you have and go for something like the 4870. Also, some games aren't really optimized for crossfire so there's another reason to go with a single card.

Thanx Every One you was Helpfull to me
    Thanx A lot

- Monitor..............: Asus LCD 22' WideScreen Splended [MW221C]
    - Motherboard...: Gigabyte GA-EX38-DQ6 ( Intel® X38 + ICH9R Chipset)
    - CPU......................: Intel Core™ 2 Duo E8400 [3.00 GHz Cash 6M, FSB-1333]
    - RAM.....................: 2 × 2 KingStone Dual [DDR2-800 DDRAM2]
    - HardDrive.........: 1TerraByte(1000M+500M+500M) WesternDigital
    - GraphicsCard.: Gigabyte GV-NX96T512HP (NVIDIA GeForce™ 9600 GT 512M DDR3)
    - SatelliteCard...: TwinHan AzureWave 1027 +4LNB
    - ADSL...................: LinkDSl 2024/1024 M + 2024/1024 M With 50 User
    - Ope.System.....: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 + Windows Vista Ultimate
    - Case & Powre.: Gamma superior server Tower 450 Watts HEC-450TN-2WX
    - Speaker..............: Creative 4.1 Inspire M4500
    - DVD\CD...........: OptiArc (Nec+Sony) 18X DVDRW
    - KeyB+Mouse...: Gamma MultyMedia KeyBoard+ Optical Mouse Black

Thread Information