Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking My Video Card, HOW!?

I have a hercules geforce 2 gts pro graphics card, and i wanted to know how to overclock this. Hercules provides a program for this, but i dont like the interface and it seems way to simple. I also dont like having a program run in the background of my computer. Is there any solution???

You can enable coolbits through a registry hack - it's contained in nVidia drivers - so there's no 3rd party utilities

run/regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE

SOFTWARE

NVIDIA Corporation

Global

NVTweak

add a new DWORD called "Coolbits"

set the value to 3 w/a hex. base

restart you computer

look in your advanced display properties for the new tab

I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers lately, and when i went to play counterstrike, i had like a five second delay from when i pressed the keys. I thought i was lagging, but my ping was perfect and i had never had that problem before. I then reinstalled the latest factory drivers, and the problem was gone. If i use the factory drivers and not the nvidia ones, can i still do what u say? and if not, could i fix the problem??

The only drivers that the Coolbits registry hack won't work with are the WHQL drivers meant for Windows 2k and XP. ;)
    <center></center>

I'm using the 7.58's on an NT4 box at work & coolbits works with those drivers - but some of the new NT/2000 drivers doesn't support it

I believe that I have heard that the newest GeForce Tweak Utility will work with the Det4 drivers. You can get it at www.guru3d.com on their downloads page. It would require a GUI to get everything set up, but I don't believe that it runs in the background. It just makes the appropriate change to the registry and then closes itself down. It also saves a copy of the registry before you make the change, so if you dick up the system you can revert back again. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

actually powerstrip will also let you change the clock & then close the utility - so nothing runs in the background

im running windows xp pro, so what does that mean, what options are still available??????
    There are 10 ppl in this world...
    those who understand binary, and those who dont

The same ones as listed above. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

ty
    There are 10 ppl in this world...
    those who understand binary, and those who dont

Thread Information