Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Does anyone know about the Gf4/certain monitors compatibilit

There is known issues with certain monitors for the GF4 TI line of video cards.

I read an article somewhere showing you could pull a pin out of the troubled monitor to resovle this...

Anyone seen this article? If so...WHERE IS IT...lol

I cant see why it would give any trouble :?:
    Is it happening to you, or have you only head it.
    If it is happening then i'll contact either nvidia, or the cards manafacturer.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

I guess there is only a few monitors out there that have problems... It even states on PNY's website that the GF4 wont work on some monitors.

Later I came across an article explaing that some monitors have an extra pin and it can be pulled out to resolve this. Now, that a friends is having the problems, I can't find the article

I remember seein' that article though that applies to old monitors if the old memory here is workin' right so wouldn't it be better just to upgrade to a later model model? :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I don't think it is an old monitor (Philips 201b)

I knew I should have put that article in my favorites :(

Have you tried google? Google can find anything.

Just start with UNIQUE words that you are SURE were in the article. The bigger the words the better.

Yeah, it was on the VH (www.virtual-hideout.net) where he was having problems. It was an issue with his KDS monitor. And it turned out that if he pulled out pin #9 it would be fine. I wouldn't suggest this unless you have a KDS monitor, and make sure yours is affected by this problem.

Later

Thread Information