Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "pixelation" problem when playing games. (ss's ins

He really meant case fans not including the ones on the HSF, vid card or PSU and sometimes mobo chipset. ;)
    Usually ya have one intake fan low in the front panel and sometimes another in the rear just above the vid card suckin' hot air out or a position made for one to which a fan is easily added. If ya add another intake fan to the side panel blowin' over the vid card and another in the top panel suck more hot air out ya'll have near perfect case ventilation though both these require a hole cut into the panels and mountin' holes drilled. It just could be that your vid card is gettin' too hot because of the lack of air circulation. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

It just could be that your vid card is gettin' too hot because of the lack of air circulation.
    Yup, That is very likely what it is.

yea buying a brand name PC i supposed to give u peace of mind and convenience having it built for u and suppsedly a reliable warranty...gateway packing it bags in australia seems to confirm the opposite:cheers:
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050

Realjones I've heard a few reports lately on some Gainward cards and it seems that they had a bad lot of RAM which was causin' this problem and maybe yours as well. :smokin:

Maybe you could try the 30.30 beta drivers? It could be a graphic problem that needs to be fixed with updated drivers.
    Abit-ST6RAID
    1.4GHz Tualitin Celereon oc'ed to 1.736GHz
    3dfx Voodoo5-5500 (182/182)
    MSI GeForce4-Ti4400 (330/630)
    40.9 GB UATA 100
    90 GB UATA 100
    SB Live! Value
    NDC Fast 10/100 Ethernet
    Cable Modem, @rogers
    21" ViewSonic P810
    32x Panasonic CD-ROM
    ASUS 32x12x40 CD-R/RW
    300w power supply
    ThermalTake Volcano 7+
    3x 80mm ANTEC case fans
    Winduhs XP Pro

ill try the newer drivers and see how they work, but i tend to agree with the others that the card is probably too hot.

As for bad RAM, wouldn't the problem have started from the moment i installed the card? the card was working fine for a while before the problems started.

Also, is there anyway i can attach heat sinks ot the card or install another fan to cool off the card without drilling any holes? ;)

Ok have a look at these two links, http://www.pcpowerzone.co.uk/reviews.php?id=116 and http://www.mikhailtech.com/articles/.../1cpcvideo260/ . ;)
    Also do you have a temp monitoring program there and if so does the case run cooler when open? :?:

I got sort of a similar problem but I can deal with mine and most likely no one would even notice. But being we're talking about the subject I might as well bring it up and see if there is anytyhing that can be done. Instead of a smooth flowing high quality sky. I sort of well I don't know how to describe it but basically its like this. You know the big black blotches? As they move away from your view they tend to just dissapate into the sky. Well instead of blurring into the orange like sky it'll be like a line around it and it'll sort of turn a greenish like color and at the ends of the lines it'll have a 256 color photograph type look. Where as my friends it kind of just blurrs into the orange sky. Is this a video card problem? Or some kind of tweak that cna be fixed. Or is this just what geforce 3's and up make it look like. Because someone has a geforce 2 pro and it looks smooth and his brother has a geforce 4 mx 420 and his looks smooth as well. Is geforce 3 and up have this look? Like is this what it would look like if I put in a geforce 4 ti 4600 or even an nv30?? The level that I'm talking about if you want to compare to me if your the same or not is Q3DM7.

thanks wig, that's exactly what i was looking for. know of any stores that sell them or am i going to have to order them?

also, is there any easy way to get them off if they don't solve my problem? seems to me people were saying that the problems im having are caused by too far of an overclocking (ie the card is too hot), yet i wasnt overclocking at all, so adding some heat sinks should solve the problem. i can always return the card for a new one, but i'm afraid that adding heat sinks would void the warranty, and then i'd be stuck with a faulty card.

finally, i have no clue if i have a temp monitoring program or not.

here's what gta3 looked like running with my case open:

http://www.geocities.com/boyd888/gta.html

still having problems :( keep in my mind that I'm not overclocking at all either. i think i am going to return the card, and then attach heat sinks to the new one and hope i dont have the same problem again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information