Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This may help those worried about vid card compatibilities w

Thanks wiggo i was a bit confused there i read a few oyher thinghs along the same as the link's i posted but didn't want to make my first post to long ,so who looked at it didn't pass it up without reading it. i have the card running in a ASUS P2B at the moment and that board is only 2x so i bought the 4600 first thinking i can use it now and upgrade mobo later . thanks for the reply & looks like you got a prety good tribe up there thanks mate.

when i bought my a-bit max 2 on the front of the box it mentioned about choosing correct vid card due to voltages ect.. good ole a-bit again !!!! talking of voltages, case fans ,run them of power supply instead of motherboard, minor drops in power can slow youre optamizzzed machine and adaptable power supply to keep load constant and to increase psu lifespan..darthdeath

in reply to

{Note: Super Socket 7 motherboards in some cases won't work with vid cards above TNT2's and Voodoo3's due to board design that doesn't allow enough current to reach the AGP slot though there are a few exceptions to this.

RE: after speaking with a friend at ati and being a heavy nvidia pusher ^^ myself i have had few and far between problems inserting reg voltage agp cards in old socket 7 agp, if ever there is a problem underclocking a little and some voltage rugulators could be solutions, ^^

..:: pr0 ::..

hey wiggo any thoughts on undervolting cards?

My thought's are that if mods like that are required to get the job done then there must be something better available out there and just leave the thing in the state the era of it's age dictated as even in that form it is still useful for someone's purpose if not ya own (unless ya a real diehard then that's entirely up to you but I can always find a purpose for them even if it's just P150 for someone who needs a websurfer and light office PC to doin' a young kids homework). : peace2:

It maybe something to do with the business I'm in I guess. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

The GeForce FX specs state that it requires "An AGP compliant motherboard with an AGP 2.0 slot" Is AGP 2.0 the same thing as 2x? If not, how do you know if your agp slot is 2.0 or not? I checked abit's website for the specs on my motherboard... (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/kx7333/) and it says nothing of "agp 2.0" only agp 2x and agp 4x compatibility
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#888888" bordercolorlight="#888888" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.83Ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Abit KX7-333</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 1024MB Crucial DDR PC2700</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> NVidia RIVA TNT2 Pro (Fear my graphic power!)</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 120GB Western Digital Caviar Special Edition</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Chieftec FS710 Silver Aluminum Case w/ Plexiglass Side Window    &amp ;nbsp; &nbsp </font></td></tr></table>

Hi enhancedstudios?, welcome and enjoy ure stay!!

300WATT APPROVED POWER SUPPLY IN T3007 TASK INTERNATIONAL.
    ABIT KG7 RAID
    CRUCIAL 184PIN 512MB DDR ECC CAS2.5 2100 REGISTERED
    ASUS V8460 ULTRA DELUXE VIDEO CARD
    RELYSIS TL-570 15 INCHE TFT RGB INPUT
    AUDIGY 2 INTERNAL SOUNDCARD
    A4 TECH WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MICE
    LITEON 16X DVD ROM
    LITEON CD-RW 40X12X48
    AMD 2100+ CPU WITH THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 7
    WESTERN DIGITAL 12OGB 7200 RPM CAVIAR SPECIAL EDITION WITH 8MB CACHE
    3 80MM YS TECH CASE FANS.

I have 3 question for you regarding your hard disk and memory, then i will tell why such interest

1. Do you have the exact hard disk as I?
    2. Do you have any problems running certain games like Battlefield 1942?
    3. Does your 512 micron run a stable 133 bus for the processor?

as you can see my setup above, I have a BIG SLOWDOWN when runing Battlefield 1942, i've tried troubleshooting in gME SETTINGS, UPGRADING PATCHES, very latest 3d card drivers 41.09 and directx 9. no other game i have is this intensive really, but i am wondering , it might be because im running on ATA 66 HArd DIsk Cable. my concern was that of windows protection faults when trying to run the processor at its 133 settings. I have latest mobo BIOS v. 8s. well just thought i'd ask you the questions an let u know my problem, i already have been given some great tips from Morgan_Lander and Darthtanion. See ya soon

:o :D
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    EG465P-VE Enermax Dual fan PSU 465watt
    Asus A7N8X Dx ver2.0 C1007 latest bios
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    Xms Corsair 3700PT TwinX paired 2x512@200mhz
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C
    Case full load 24C
    Western D HDD 120gb
    XP Professional current best- crap
    11682 marks=xp best performance settings @ 2500+ 166mhz x 11.0X = 1.83GIG

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    enhancedstudios[/size]]
    The GeForce FX specs state that it requires "An AGP compliant motherboard with an AGP 2.0 slot" Is AGP 2.0 the same thing as 2x? If not, how do you know if your agp slot is 2.0 or not? I checked abit's website for the specs on my motherboard... (http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/kx7333/) and it says nothing of "agp 2.0" only agp 2x and agp 4x compatibility
    Basically AGP ver. 1.0 is 1x and 2x AGP rates and AGP ver. 2.0 is 2x and 4x AGP rates (some early versions of both these had probs copin' with the higher rate though). AGP ver. 3.0 is 2x, 4x and 8x capable but whether support is carried for 2x is up to the manufacturer themselves (and really isn't needed anymore anyway).
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I have a querie. on the carousel test in 3dmark 2002 se(trial) my PC freezes(after nature test), in corner of tft screen half way through some tests i get watery overlapping display look.. its hard to explain. then when i auto adjust display its fine again. in 2d tests in Decris XMark.NET 2002 it freezes. My asus smartdoctor doesn't seem to work properly. Just as i install it it says _delis caused an error in program. It only appears for 3 seconds. It says.. "Your VGA card voltage 3.3v is out of safe bound.
    "Motherboard doesn't supply with reliable 3.3 voltage.
    "Please contact with motherboard manufacturer for help"
    IS THIS UNSAFE, I DON@T KNOW WHAT TO DO?
    Lian LI PC60
    (2 intake 80mm ADDA/3
    exhaust 80mm ADDA)
    EG465P-VE Enermax Dual fan PSU 465watt
    Asus A7N8X Dx ver2.0 C1007 latest bios
    AthlonXp 3200+ Barton
    Xms Corsair 3700PT TwinX paired 2x512@200mhz
    200mhz X 11.0 = 2.205GIG
    creative audigy 2
    Asus V8460 U Ti 4600 Dx
    CPU full load 28C
    Case full load 24C
    Western D HDD 120gb
    XP Professional current best- crap
    11682 marks=xp best performance settings @ 2500+ 166mhz x 11.0X = 1.83GIG

I am about ready to :grr: !!!!!!!!!!! I bought a new Soyo SY-P4X400 dragon ultra platinum mobo with 3.06 P4. It is the board that says "THIS MOTHERBOARD SUPPORTS ONLY 1.5volts AGP CARD. USING 3.3V AGP CARD MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR M/B". That is the exact wording in the user manual. I'm now looking for a video card(FX or 9700 Pro)?! But first I want to put my old 2x card in to test everything. So I E-Mail Soyo tec support and they tell me "You can run AGP 2X but it will run only 2X in speed". So What is the deal with the 1.5v and 3.3v? The book says you can not, Soyo says you CAN. Can I run any card (like soyo says) or just 4 and 8x cards. Do I go "by the book" or by the tec support? I can't get a straight answer from anyone. Can anyone help me?
    ReDnEcK][

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information