Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radeon 7500 or 8500?

Actually ive seen many different benchmarks where the 7500 beats the GeForce 4 MX series. It kind of ranges between a GF2 ultra and a G4 MX460. I personally dont think it is worth it to buy a radeon 8500 (because they are expensive here) especially for the odd game every now and then.

A 8500LE for just over $90 US I don't think would kill him as he is in the US and not here where the price is the price is $300+ aus. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeh youve got to love video card prices here, $700 for a Ti4600. If you want anything that supports DX8 be prepared to shell out at least $275 (screw that)

Woah. Why are prices so expensive for you guys? That seems rediculous. I dont know the Australlian-US exchange rate, but wouldnt you be better off just having it shipped there from here?

~Bugman

Not only does the exchange rate and it's charges kill us but the added cost of freight to here and other bull**** charges just makes it that way. :cry:

If you are going to get an 8500Le - you might want to do it fairly soon - it's supposed to be discontinued in favour of the 9000/9000Pro.
    Alhough with in 3mos. the price will probably be the same anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Not only does the exchange rate and it's charges kill us but the added cost of freight to here and other bull**** charges just makes it that way. :cry:
    heh, after you put in the exchange rate factor (say i want a GF ti200 for $90USD), thats about $165aud ($110 cheaper than it is here). Then you add in shipping charges (internation), freight (international), and insurance, as well as the risk of ordering internationally, and the fact that you have to ship back if anything is wrong, and that there are so many more ways your order can get messed up, its much easier to pay the lot extra and buy domestically.

Quote Originally Posted by RDR
    If you are going to get an 8500Le - you might want to do it fairly soon - it's supposed to be discontinued in favour of the 9000/9000Pro.
    Alhough with in 3mos. the price will probably be the same anyway.
    Discontinued, but it will still be sold. I think the 8500LE is probably a more powerful card than the 9000, and shops will still be selling it for a couple of years, hell its still easy to buy TNT2's, SiS 305's and GeForce 2's here

Ooooh. Amazon.com has the AIW 7500 Retail for 118.00 with free shipping (for us in the States...)

Is it just me or is that a good deal on the card? (if you need the All in Wonder functionality)

~Bugman

That sounds pretty good to me Bugman. :thumb:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information