Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EEK! VisionTek gone under?

For those who missed Beefy's news post, the link is the same as above. It has been added to since I first linked it and it also contains a response from VisionTek at the bottom.

However you read it, things just don't look too promising at the moment. Too bad since they seemed to do a booming business; especially with US buyers. :(

<hr>
    In a article at HardOCP, they tell us that VisionTek, one of North America's leading nVidia graphics card manufacturers, is foreclosing and will cease to exist.

<blockquote>With VisionTek simply vanishing, this leaves a huge gap for NVIDIA to fill. VisionTek was the number one retailer of NVIDIA based VidCards in North America. Hercules has moved to ATi products, Creative is gone for NVIDIA as well with the purchase of 3dLabs, and Elsa's (which is now bankrupt) top-end VidCards were built by VisionTek anyway. </blockquote>
    It's very sad to see a company go like that, especially one of the magnitude of VisionTek. Read more about it <a href="http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MzM5" target="_blank">here</a>
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Can Taiwan fill the gap at this point? What are their expansion capabilities?

This really bites!!:cry: I just bought a VisionTek Ti4600 about a month ago, right before the press release. *******s!!!!!

Hopefully, you won't experience any difficulties with the card.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information