Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This A Sign Of Things To Come????

whats it going to be then like $500... $600?

$399.00 is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by drpeterbright
    If they are right this time too, we'll have to track what they say closely in the future.
    I'm still trying to make heads or tails of what they have already said.

"Eldest child's position how could easily cups one hand in the other across the chest to resign,"
    :confused:
    :laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Ni how ma? Quing ni gaosu wah, wahde tai tai zai nali?

First translate the Chinese characters into pinyin as above & then translate them into English.

I cant understand why anyone would want to buy one of those video cards anyway. You can still play any game you want on a GeForce 3. It is impossible to detect a visual difference between 100FPS and 600FPS anyway, so whats the point here? that is if its true, if it is, it falls into my useless category, and hopefully GeForce 3 prices drop down to around $200 when it comes out.

Some of us would like to run some enhancements like AA etc or higher resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehhe Yebeb
    It is impossible to detect a visual difference between 100FPS and 600FPS anyway, so whats the point here?
    That has been my stance for some time. Of course the video card industry has no interest whatsoever in the concept of reality, that has no positive effect on sales.

It's about bragging rights after a certain point. I suppose they'll have to rewrite the benchmark utilities to handle the new frame rate:?: Not that any human being could actually tell the difference - but if there are some gaming bots, I'm sure they can make good use of it.

How long do you think it will be from the time it hits the market to the first overclocking guide online..........I'm guessing 72 hours maximum:laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Maximum 72 hours is probably correct - 24 is more likely.

The fact that someone would pay big money just for bragging rights to me is just plain stupid. I mean the TI4600 here costs about $650 minimum, and im not even willing to pay half of that, maybe 1/3rd but thats pushing it. Im sure once the nv30 comes it, it will be alteast $700, with the nv35 breaking the grand mark. The radeon 9700 will probably retail about $900-$950 im guessing. Also those who use the Anti Aliasing argument, have you actually seen the difference between no AA, and 4xAA? unless you look at a still image for about 30 seconds you can not tell a single difference. So then you up it to 16xAA, wow, i can certainly tell you tis not worth my grand to run games at 16x FSAA because FSAA is no standout technology i can tell you that, its just another marketing trick.

If I had to pay that much, I woudn't either. I could play the games I'm currently playing with my Ti4200 with no difficulty. I can tell the difference with AA on & off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information