Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why don't we tell ATI/nVidia what we want?

I think that we have not been vocal enough about what we want in a video card. Perhaps a combined voice would have some effect in their future plans.

What does everyone else think, and how do we get our collective voices heard?

I don't think the "enthusiest" segment accounts for enough revenue to actually make companies like ATi or Nvidia change their plans.....thenmainstream type units make up the bulk of the sales & I'm sure most of those buyers have no idea whether their card is DX8 compliant or what the memory clock is

I could add to that, but... On second thought, I really can't. That says it all! :snip:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Their efforts to court our business indicates that we have some value to them. Does anyone have the actual figures on sales in the various segments of the video card market?

< 5% of the market go to highend workstation graphics cards

7% are highend gaming cards

and around 20% are low - medium gaming cards

of the almost 70% left around 45% of these have imbedded motherboard graphics

these figures are about 18 months old but I don't think that things would have changed that much in that time ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for the info Wiggo. Do you think the developers can be significantly influenced by us or any group?

Beefy Guest

What can we ask for though? seriously? Apart from bigger and better, what else is there?

Good question! What is it that we really want. Variable resistors in the appropriate places for extreme tweaking (with no warranty of course)? More on board memory? Options at a lower cost for no factory installed cooling so we could add what we want later? People would have use their imaginations.

Beefy Guest

Seems like trivial stuff to me... :)

Tweaking onboard things usually voids warranty
    More RAM doesn't mean better performance
    Most people like the stock cooler, as they do the job they need to

Then it seems like a waste of time to pursue it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information