Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Onboard graphics memory transfer

I have an SiS 530 in my computer. I was told that you can get a program off the Net that can shift some of your system RAM to your onboard graphics. I have 8mb for graphics and 256mb of RAM
    in my computer. Where can I can this supposed program? I'd be happy if I got as little as 2mb transferred, so I'm not looking for top of the line results. Any and all help would be much appreciated. Icby290@aol.com

This is an option in the bios. I don't remember what it was off the top of my head but I think its something like Video Bios Shadow? What it basically does is exactly what you need. If the video card runs out of ram it'll basically store its memory in system ram. Then there is AGP apeture size. Which is sorta similiar yet sorta different. If the video card needs more memory it will take as much as you say it can from system ram. be it 64,128,256

I have some older SiS620 and SiS630 boards at work and the maximum amount of system memory I can share over is 8MB. I'd be surprised if the SiS530 you mention will go any higher either. But if you manage to find a utility or BIOS update that will allow a higher share, then please let us know. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information