Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Wiggo....HELP! may have problems with video card or other de

Wiggo! If you or any body that knows what technical messages mean in win xp...I need you to go to the GAMES FORUM and look for a thread called "MAFIA game LOCKUP in win xp pro" I am trying to play this game but found out on another forum that a lot of people have problems with this game and are using a Ge Force Ti 4200 card of different brands! I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but I would appreciate any info you knowledgeable people can provide! I have given the EXACT error message in win xp pro and also all of my system specs! If you can... please help! Thanks!

my best mate has the game and he had terrinle trouble till he disabled eax audio? but i dunno after he did that it ran like a dream (well for mafia at least) youll get all the ???s like what drivers mobo drivers - everything compatible type stuff - yould knowis it too high a gl level for your video card?

oh well just saw mafia and thought it was strange cause ive seen so much of it helping out my pal

i run intel stuff now but im defecting

why? nvidia amd faith! am i dumb?:shoot3:

I don't have that game myself so I can't say what the prob is but a lot of ppl have been put out by it lately though. Maybe the game just may need to be uninstalled and tried again. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

ITS A GTA3 I DUNNO NON-COPY CAT IT LOOKS BUT DOESNT AT ALL STEAL THE GOOD PARTS OF GTA3 - WHICH WAS FUN THEN BUT EVEN NOW ON THE PC - ITS ...WELL BORING - PLUS IT HAS XP PROBLEMS TOO (BAD ENGINE = BAD STOLEN OR PAID FOR ENGINE):shoot3:

Well I finally got the game mafia running....... but HAD TO SWITCH TO WIN 98!! I did a reformat and just played it on there! But to tell you the truth, I think it looks like a remmake of GTA3!! You drive, get out of a car shoot and kill people, drive shoot and kill people and did I mention....DRIVE....SHOOT and KILL PEOPLE??? It just looks like GTA3 set in the 30s or 40s is all....except you don't have the cool radio stations or cars that GTA3 has! One thing is neat, if you kill a cop or a pedistrian or shoot a gun and the cops see or hear it, they will come after you, but to tell you the truth, the same usually happened in GTA3!! So what is all the hype about this game.....so far I haven't been able to figure that out! I am loking forward to GTA Vice City anyway........THAT will be cool from what I have seen!

I think Mafia is an exellent game with mutch "missions" to enyoy.
    The graphics are stunning and the story is great. It run's perfect on my machine with no problems at all. Gta3 is also a great game but i think that Mafia is different in many ways. It ain't got the old fashioned gta feeling at all. But i for sure liked it, and many with me, it is something special with that kind of old time mafiastorys that i like. Something hard and brutal with bats and old fashioned guns... :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    I think Mafia is an exellent game with mutch "missions" to enyoy.
    The graphics are stunning and the story is great. It run's perfect on my machine with no problems at all. Gta3 is also a great game but i think that Mafia is different in many ways. Something hard and brutal with bats and old fashioned guns... :thumb:

I agree about the graphics, though GTA3 was about the same in graphics! and as far as the story, yes it is good too, but YOU HAD A BASEBALL BAT IN GTA3 FOR YOUR FIRST MISSION and all throught the game if you wanted it! The only thing that gta3 didn't have was old weapons like the tommy gun! So tell me....what is so different about this game compared to GTA3?????

Thread Information