Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Radeon 6870 does not fully display at full screen

Default Radeon 6870 does not fully display at full screen

Well...I hate to say that but not sure if this is the problem of the samsung monitor or the graphic card. Here is the problem: I have bought the Samsung BX2431 monitor...The monitor isn't really that good. The stand cannot be adjusted and tend to tilt a little bit forward. However, I have two radeon 6870 installed for crossfire. As soon as I installed the drivers, the resolution was automatically detected, which was high definition 1080p with high definition cable connected to the monitor and the graphic card. This is where the problem occurs, the graphic does not look any better than my Asus. Besides this, there are black bars around the display screen and it didn't fully display at full screen that filled the screen of the monitor. So could anybody get me some help? I am not sure if it is the problem of the Samsung monitor or the graphic card. I have tried everything I could, but I was unable to fix this problem.

Default Re: Radeon 6870 does not fully display at full screen

Do the bars go all around the screen or are they just top or bottom?
    Does the bars appear the same for all content displayed?
    What resolution are you set at?

If displaying a movie - it might be letterboxing - displaying either width or length at full but if the content is not the same dimensions as resolution then there is no way it can fill screen because the "screen" size of monitor and content have a different aspect ratio (ratio of height to width)

If the above is not the issue, did you try using whatever adjustments the monitor has for adjusting the width and heighth of the image on the screen?
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Default Re: Radeon 6870 does not fully display at full screen

you can go in ati ccc and pull the screen across to fill your monitor,eliminating the black bars,or look in the monitors settings and it should have a full screen mode if its high def monitor,again it could be a driver issue as its a new card
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information