Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 9700Pro?

Well it looks like I am going to be buying a 9700pro for my new comp :smokin: . But I was wondering if the Gigabyte version is better than the ATI version? It looks like it is better cooled but is it overall better? I heard the gigabytes version of the 8500 was better than ATI's but is this true in the case of the 9700pro? Please help me out here as it is a BIG purchase....

Thankyou,

-PGA1234

I would go with the ATI board...i left the reason on your other thread in the "Overclocking" category.
    - Damien

Ok thanks :)

No Prob...
    - Damien

I believe I read that the newer boards (shipped in replacement to the original boards) don't have that same conflict and work fine with the aforementioned 8X boards.
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

hmmm, I have heard that it was the mobo makers. I have also heard it was ATI's card. I do not know, but here is ATI's official statement, which is vague at best.....
    Look at ATI's response!

In response to the thread:
    I like the Hercules board, with the heatsinks on both side...but it is not out yet:thumbs do .
    So if i had to go with a board now I would get the gigabyte board and add my own heat sinks at a later date :thumb:
    ATI's board is probably just as good, but lack of heat sinks on the mem is a bad idea in my opinion!

Hey saidin, where could I get some pics of the Hercules version. Also when is it supposed to be coming out?
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

tbreak.com has a great preview of the hercules model. There are many pics to look at too!!:thumb:
    Check it out here

Quote Originally Posted by saidin
    tbreak.com has a great preview of the hercules model. There are many pics to look at too!!:thumb:
    Check it out here
    Thanks man :thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information