Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Which Ti4200 has the greatest potential?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Various Flavours of the Ti4200

Hi Dudes

I have been doing quite a fair bit of reading in the past few days in regards to the Ti4200 line and have created a poll for you guys because I'm curious to see why you guys vote for and why.

Should be really interesting and happy voting guys.... :)
    Without my other half in my life, where would I be - Absolutely nowhere

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

Well I don't have one myself but I voted on the Leadtek version of the TI4200. I voted on it mainly becuase of its MASSIVE heatsink that they have on there cards. That definitly brings more potential cause it has better cooling. That is stock though becaseu you can always mod a different version that has a sucko heatsink.

Beefy Guest

You missed a few cards, but that's not important.

From what I've heard, the Leadtek and Gainward cards are very good performers / OC'ers

Dudes
    Do you guys know how fast is the RAM they use for the 64MB and the 128MB version of the Leaktek cards because that also plays a major role in terms of overclocking, correct?

CASE: Antec Plusview 1000AMG || PSU: Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt || HSF: ThermalTake Copper Spark7+ || CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (800Mhz) running @ 3.5Ghz || MOBO: Abit IC7-G (BIOS Rev: 16) || RAM: Corsair TWINX 512MB DDR (PC3200) || VIDEO: Asus V8420 GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB || SOUND: Creative Audigy 2 Platinum || HDD: x2 Seagate Barracuda Serial V 120GB (RAID 0) || CD: Pioneer 16x40x 106S Slot DVD / LiteOn 52x24x52 CD-RW || OS: Windows XP Professional SP1

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    You missed a few cards, but that's not important.
    For example, SUMA ?

Beefy Guest

actually, I was thinking along the lines of MSI, and some of the not-so-popular names like Jaton. :)

It is true that the 64mb cards use slightly faster ram than the 128mb ones, but I went with a 128mb card because I think many games in the near future will benefit more from the extra ram. I think that all of the new features we will see in the new game engines (such as realtime dynamic lighting and shadows) will require a lot of ram. I am using a Gainward Golden sample because of the overclockability. I believe that Gainward really does cull the best parts for their Golden Sample cards just like (real) premium ram is made from the best parts. I also believe that part quality is a more important factor for oc'ing that things like heatsink size. You can put a big, impressive radiator in front of a six-banger, but that won't make it run like a V8.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    I also believe that part quality is a more important factor for oc'ing that things like heatsink size. You can put a big, impressive radiator in front of a six-banger, but that won't make it run like a V8.
    Good point there dude, very good point indeed.... :thumb:

I went with the Leadtek 128MB GF4 Ti4200 myVIVO as it has all the features ya need plus decent speed and at $360aus from Nth.Rocks Computer Markets it was a steal. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Hmm, i'd go for the X-Micro since its the cheapest pretty much. The cheapest ive seen it is $285aud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information