Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Morrowind Video Issue (SIS 315 chipset)

I have been playing Morrowind (by far one of the best games ever made) for a short period of time and I have not been able to fix a video problem:

I can not view the local map either in the map view or on the lower right hand screen (compass). All i get is a black screen where the map should be.
    I have followed the tweak guid for Morrowind and there was no help.

I use a SIS 315 Chipset in a 128meg video card (from Jaton)
    I have updated all drivers for the card, Motherboard, etc..

I was hoping there was a INi setting or something else that would solve this issue..
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have the SIS 650 chipset and have the same problem. I can't see the local map, or the figurine. I tried Bethesda and got a curt "don't support" message. Looked around other bb's and can't find anything to help. Can check the SIS website for the latest driver, but I already had that installed without improvement. let me know if you get any where or find any answers. Maxine:confused:

I had the same problem too. I re-installed morrowind and I could see the map and picture of myself afterwards. I hope this works for you.

The SiS video is bad plus has very poor driver support and if ya want to play these games then start thinkin' about gettin' something like the R8500/R9000 or GF3/GF3 Ti/GF4 Ti ranges of video cards or better. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information