Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nv30

While we are still looking into this, it seems that the in-game screen shots posted on the Net yesterday showing off IQ
    produced by the GeForceFX 5800 Ultra are "wrong".

There is not doubt that we criticized the GFFX for its AntiAliasing, and now it seems that we may have not had the proper
    evidence to base our conclusions on. To quote ourselves from this page:

With NoAA you can see the aliasing is quite predominant. 2X AA and Quincunx donít seem to do much on the GeForceFX
    visually, but the FPS are effected comparing the shots to the original with no AA enabled.

Of course all of this left us a bit puzzled, and wondering about the AA abilities of the drivers, but the "facts" are the fact
    correct?

We have been working with NVIDIA on this to get an answer and it seems that now we have the preliminary information to
    give us a bit more insight on the question.

The GeForceFX's technology applies filters that effect AntiAliasing and Anisotropic filtering after the frame has left the
    frame buffer. In short, this means that all of our screenshots do not accurately represent the true in-game visual quality
    that the GFFX can and will produce, as the screen shot were pulled from the frame buffer. We have come to conclusions
    about the GFFX IQ (Image Quality) that are simply wrong.

While we cannot answer for other reviews of the GeForceFX it is very possible this is an issue with those articles as well,
    if they were in fact thorough enough to cover IQ.

We are currently working on a way to capture the images properly and will be revisiting the GeForceFX 5800 Preview by
    covering the IQ portion of our preview with proper screen shot comparison or further addressing the truth surrounding
    this situation.

Certainly this is a huge issue it seems that NVIDIA was not even aware of when they issued us the review units. Having 48
    hours to preview the card over Superbowl weekend compounded this, and while that is no excuse for improper evaluation on
    our part, it did certainly impact our ability to do a better evaluation. We are sorry for any incorrect evaluations we have
    made and are working now to remedy the situation. Any new information will be posted here. [H]ardOCP

They can candy cote it all they want but
    1= its already a overclocked card that puts out way to much heat
    2=noise they might come out with one not as bad but that thing need big time cooling
    3= performence to price they will have to mark it down alot
    4=the software underclockes the card if it goes to hight or gets hot ( that tells ya its already overclocked)
    5=???? R350 around the corner
    A7N8X no delx
    AMD 2400xp@2500mhz 200z12.5
    epox EP-8RDA
    AMD 1700xp@2406mhz 200x12
    ATI 9700pro
    2-256 pc 2700 2.5 sucks need $$ for new ram
    WD 80gb SE hard drive 8cach buffer lol it died running maxto 40gb ata 133 now
    3d mark 2001se 17k
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5633214

Terratec will be offering two FX cards, the Mystify 5800, and the Mystify 5800 Ultra, both cards
    will be supplied with 128mb of DDR2 memory, and should be available from the middle of February.

Mystify 5800 box shot
    Mystify 5800 Ultra box shot

Quote Originally Posted by STILLLIFE
    They can candy cote it all they want but
    1= its already a overclocked card that puts out way to much heat
    2=noise they might come out with one not as bad but that thing need big time cooling
    3= performence to price they will have to mark it down alot
    4=the software underclockes the card if it goes to hight or gets hot ( that tells ya its already overclocked)
    5=???? R350 around the corner
    6= nVidia cards always look better on the monitor regardless of GPU Power in comparison to ATI. Period.

Ive seen and played games on over 3 dozen PC's with cards ranging from a GF2 (most common) to a GF4 4600's and ATI 9000 and 9700's. ATI push the FPS but at same res, test the two cards... there is a noticeable difference in image quality. I dont know the difference in tech that makes it do it... but i can tell, everyone at the shop can tell, and everyone ive talked to that has owned a GF4 and 9700 has appreciated the GF4 more.

like i said im not a ati lover i have had the voodoo 1500/3500/4500/5500 gf2 gf2 ultra gf3 and the gf4ti4600
    when i got my 9700pro i still had the the 4600 its a damn good card but my 9700 is better hands down faster better aa
    now the fx is just not worth the money all. I for one am a overclocker big time and the fx is already overclocked thats not for me im not saying the fx is out if they come out with a card that run's cooler is guiet and has a little more speed i would get it
    all i was saying is look at it for what it is NOW not Latter its not worth the money to me BUT thats me MY OP
    A7N8X no delx
    AMD 2400xp@2500mhz 200z12.5
    epox EP-8RDA
    AMD 1700xp@2406mhz 200x12
    ATI 9700pro
    2-256 pc 2700 2.5 sucks need $$ for new ram
    WD 80gb SE hard drive 8cach buffer lol it died running maxto 40gb ata 133 now
    3d mark 2001se 17k
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5633214

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    6= nVidia cards always look better on the monitor regardless of GPU Power in comparison to ATI. Period.
    hmmmm....I've generally found the opposite to be true

are you using ATi built cards - or 3rd party cards?
    I have seen some crappy "powered by" cards - but the IQ on the "built by" cards I've owned has always been superior

this is based on owning the following:

eVGA GF2MX
    ATi Radeon ViVo
    Asus GF2 Ultra
    ATi Radeon 8500
    Powercolor GF3 Ti200
    Powercolor GF4 Ti4200
    ATi 9700Pro

IQ is a little subjective at best - but that's my opinion

hmm pretty funny stuff

RDR, I bet this takes a lot longer with your ATi Radeon 9700pro

Check out these ATi release dates, you have just got to wonder how long the FX will remain Nvidia's top spec card.

Nevertheless, I can inform you that the R350 based cards will appear in April this year, RV350 ones will come even a
    little earlier. Of course, this is just a plan and it can be corrected any time. The R400 is due to be released after July.

Event review

Quote Originally Posted by RDR
    hmmmm....I've generally found the opposite to be true
    If your talking about 2D... ATI is supposedly better and i myself have never seen much of a difference, so i cant argue. But set your specs to max on both a 4600 and a 9700 and play the same game on the same system. Personal opinion is that the nVidia looks better. And ive heard the same from other ppl that deal with both the PC store i work at (not customers, other geeks) and all the clients i deal with through the Warehouse agree, too. And im not asking "GF4 4600's look better than 9700's, huh?" Im asing which looks better of the two... wothout telling them my tests or what my computer friends think. All this is specifis to 3D... i believe the 2D is better because of some RAMDAC thing... and yes, ATI built... not 3rd party... thou i would like to see a Hercules :)

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information