Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Nv30

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    If your talking about 2D... ATI is supposedly better and i myself have never seen much of a difference, so i cant argue. But set your specs to max on both a 4600 and a 9700 and play the same game on the same system. Personal opinion is that the nVidia looks better. And ive heard the same from other ppl that deal with both the PC store i work at (not customers, other geeks) and all the clients i deal with through the Warehouse agree, too. And im not asking "GF4 4600's look better than 9700's, huh?" Im asing which looks better of the two... wothout telling them my tests or what my computer friends think. All this is specifis to 3D... i believe the 2D is better because of some RAMDAC thing... and yes, ATI built... not 3rd party... thou i would like to see a Hercules :)
    no - I mean 3D

even the 2 systems I have listed in my sig - If I load the same game up on both of them, I definately like the way it looks on the ATi better - some of that may be due to the monitor - but I used to have the GF4 in my AMD box and a Radeon8500 in the P4 & I still liked the ATi better

Maybe I have a poor example of a GF4 :confused:

what the 9700 has way better AA then any gf how can you say that what are you showing people hight performence settings at 800x600 i run ut2003 at 1289x1024 AA 4x af 16x Try that with a 4600 see whats better and look at this one of the tests of the FX at AA 2x AF 8x now look at CPU speed for the 9700 and FX hmmmmm
    http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?im...hfMl8zX2wuZ2lm
    A7N8X no delx
    AMD 2400xp@2500mhz 200z12.5
    epox EP-8RDA
    AMD 1700xp@2406mhz 200x12
    ATI 9700pro
    2-256 pc 2700 2.5 sucks need $$ for new ram
    WD 80gb SE hard drive 8cach buffer lol it died running maxto 40gb ata 133 now
    3d mark 2001se 17k
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5633214

Gainward Co., Ltd, the leading manufacturer of high performance 3D graphics and home entertainment accelerators,
    announces that it will introduce the world’s most powerful series of 128MB 3D graphics processor boards based on
    NVIDIA’s GeForce FX 5800 technology. The most powerful graphics board of the series; the Gainward FX PowerPack!
    Model Ultra/1000 Plus “Golden Sample”TM features NVIDIA’s fastest GeForce FX 5800 Ultra and is priced at €649 incl.
    VAT (approx £449 UK SRP). The Gainward FX PowerPack! Model Ultra/800 Plus “Golden Sample”TM is based on the
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 priced at €549 incl. VAT (approx £389 UK SRP).

Press release

Here's a picture of PNY's Quadro FX 2000, hopefully their Geforce FX 5800 Ultra will use a
    similar cooler, not all of us want to hear a 70db fan when gaming, despite what Nvidia may think.

More pictures

The cooler might not have an exhaust fan or intake in the back but its still a really big cooler and looks to me that it still takes up two pci slots.I think I will wait awhile until they can size this monster down a bit.

Beyond3D have posted a technical Q&A on the FX

There's been lots of talk about Displacement Mapping support (although, we know this isn't a key feature
    to determine 'Compliancy' for DirectX9), can you clarify what level of support GeForce FX has for it?

GeForce FX supports Geometry Displacement Mapping.

What percentage of the NV30 would you consider to be totally new?

All of it had to be redesigned for the .13 micron process technology. Of course, the Vertex Shader, Pixel
    Shader and memory interface were areas of revolutionary changes and enhancements over previous GPUs.

Read article

If the NV30 happens to be the fastest graphics chipset on the market, it may or may not be a good
    thing (more on that later). But the NV35 is where NVIDIA's high-end performance hopes lie. Remember
    the improvements the GeForce 2 (NV15) had over the GeForce and the improvements the GeForce 4
    had over the GeForce 3? Six months isn't a long time. NV30 was primarily delayed due to, once again,
    the move to a new manufacturing process. The same was true of the GeForce 256 and GeForce 3.
    And remember the GeForce2 Ultra? It was basically a placeholder for the GeForce3, which was pushed
    back from 2000 until early 2001.

This is part of an article written by Tim Burton and Mike Chambers for NV News, it's well worth a read.

The article

Abit Siluro FX (Limited) graphics card and box shot, in a word superb.

Whilst I can't confirm the authenticity of this story, it's well worth a read anyway

Guys.. I dont work at nvidia, and I dont have *That* kind of information. And anything I tell you is never going
    to get validated in any kind of an official way. I simply had a conversation with someone who works at another
    company, whos identity will remain unrevealed. It was basically a long exchange regarding the true nature of the
    delays behind the GFFX, based on obvious connections all IHV's have with TSMC. The gist of it is in that the .13u
    process was *NOT* all Botched up at TSMC, there were definitely problems getting the low-K Dialectrics working
    towards the end of the process.

Read more

RDR, not long now

Quote Originally Posted by weta

RDR, not long now

hey...come on now - I'm not an ATi fanboy, I almost always have both an nVidia product and an ATi product in my boxes

there's a very good chance I will own an R350 product at some point - but there's also a very good chance I will have a GF FX derivative at some point too.

I've always maintained that both companies' cards have their individual merits

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information