Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nv30

Yeah they will be going fast, but how much are they going to cost when they come out? Like $385 US or higher? I would like to wait but if they come out around the first few weeks in December that is already a 2 1/2 month wait + having to wait till they drop in price a little/be widely available. So I am probably just going to go with the Radeon.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Most likely be their usual $399us (unless manufacturing costs have gone up substancially) which equals $975aus here somehow but don't ask how they work that one out. :confused:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Several sites are saying that Derek Perez (PR Manager) has confirmed that Nvidia will launch the NV30 at Comdex in November.
    Now we will have to wait and see what all the fuss is about.

Spotted this article over at the Inquirer. It's not about "clock speed, it's all about yields"
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=5665

It's because of poor yields that this card is so late to market, it should have been here before the new Radeons. ;)

From what I've read the yields could be extremely low, initially around 10-15% because of the 0.13 micron process.

Yields have been a prob for nVidia since just before the GF4 launch (which was late too) which is why nVidia is slowly getting later and later with their products. ;)

and because of this delay Nvidia is realeasing more geforce 2 and geforce 3 based video cards under the geforce 4 name. Just so they can stay in the "current" before NV30 blows the world away.

Ok about how much is the NV30 going to be past the Radeon 9700? But here's the better question: When will games support such high graphics? I mean there are no real games out now that say a geforce3 cant play quite well. Except in the terms of FPS how is the NV30 going to be able to "Blow Away" the Radeon? And in the terms off FPS how many more is it going to get over the Radeon? 15-40? or what?
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Well I saw some "leaked" benchamarks and the looks of NV30 has about 3 or 4 times the power. That is what I mean by "blow away" or "serious raping" anyway the only real way to tell is to wait for them to come out. Knowing Nvidia it will be a serious card.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information