Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Nv30

You've seen OTES I, now prepare yourself for OTES-The Next Generation. Only from
    ABIT, the next OTES will blow away the competition. After 2 years of development on
    the OTES line, we used our R and D expertise as well as customer feedback to create
    the best ABIT Engineered cooling solution for the GeForceFX series.
    ABIT will announce more details on the GeForceFX series in late February. Stay tuned!

More info >>

"BLOW AWAY", An unwise phrase to use given current circumstances

Abit Siluro FX image

JediAgent

He's referring to the article "My GeForce FX Thoughts" posted by Cameron on the homepage (last month).

Why the Geforce FX doesn't have a 256bit memory bus.

1. Memory too expensive
    2. Nvidia's memory controller not up to it

WE ASKED AROUND the industry why the nVidia GeForce FX does not use a 256bit bus with DDR II memory.
    We learned that nVidia wanted to go for DDR II memory simply because DDR I stops at the magic limit of 400
    MHz and that was the reason for making card with DDR II memory.
    We wondered why they didn't use a 256bit memory bus as that memory working at 500 MHz would give them
    32GB of raw bandwidth. It would have definitely been a Radeon 9700 PRO killer, it would have had almost
    13GB/s greater bandwidth.

Read more >>

SOURCES CLOSE to Nvidia tell the INQUIRER that the graphics firm has told its partners that the
    GeForce FX is likely to be discontinued, with the firm instead concentrating on the NV35 platform.

Read more >>

Box shot of Leadteks new WinFast A300 Ultra TD graphics card.

As we noted here earlier this week, the GeForceFX 5800 Ultra will never make it to retail.
    Those of you that PreBuy the cards will still get an Ultra model with the FX Flow cooling unit.
    Those who don't will have the opportunity to get the non-Ultra version (400/800) off the
    retail shelves for a price of US$300.00. This information is unconfirmed at this time, but has
    been what we have been told repeatedly by different sources since Tuesday of this week.

[H]ardOCP/warp2search

Apogee FX81

Super conducting heatpipe technology
    Dual gas turbine technology fans
    Cyclone TSC
    Sapphire lighting

We went to an nVidia conference up here in Sydney today with David Kirk (nVidia Chief Scientist) and talked about the GeForce FX and its future.

They refused to comment on the rumours surrounding the cancellation of the 5800 Ultra as they never comment on stuff which hasn't been announced - although I did try my hardest to milk them for info but David was too switched on to let anything slip.

We heard the GeForce FX Ultra in action with case sides open and to us it didn't really sound like the jumbo jet people are making it out to be - they have modifed the cooling system already and reduced the noise by about 8db.

Other than that, everything else we heard was just recapping what we already know with some predictions for the future.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

If the Geforce FX 5800 Ultra never sees the light of day, where will Nvidia go from here?

In fact, Nvidia has at last contacted the INQ and told us the following: "The rumours are untrue,
    we are full speed ahead on FX 5800 Ultra. Like every new high end GPU we have built in the last
    five years, initial demand will outstrip supply so it will be on allocation."

Which particular rumours Nvidia is talking about remains unclear.

Read more >>

I gave up and bought a 9700 today, with the new 3.1 drivers it is fast and stable.

I will upgrade to the FX if:
    1) fix the cooling - it will overheat in any of my systems because it sucks and blows through almost the same hole.
    Anyone know what a brachiopod is?
    A prehistoric animal that eats and excretes through the same orifice. I guess nVidia sent some engineers back in time.
    2) get more performance - I run AMD cuz it is cheaper and just as fast as the P4 I would have bought, even though it runs a lower clock speed. I am not fooled by clock speed as a measure of performance.
    3) ATI really screws up the drivers

:thumb:
    2.3 Ghz Athlon, 512 Mb RAM, GFarce 4 and I am still so bad at Quake I might as well be DOA

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information