Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nv30

Has anyone seen any new information on the NV30?
    Will this card be as good as claimed, and will it be available this year?

Nothin' new that I've seen lately (though I've been a bit pre-occupied since the missus has been in hospital) but I bet that there will be quite a few ppl who bought Radeon 9700's are goin' to be kickin' themselves for not waiting till November. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I think the NV30 will be a great card, but I do not think that the 9700 owners will be kicking themselves in the arse....
    both cards will be amazing!!!

Sorry to hear about your wife, I hope it's nothing too serious.
    I what to upgrade my present card (Hercules Prophet II 64mb GTS), but not sure whether to wait for the NV30, or buy a 4600ti 8x now.

I'd say buy the Radeon now, or wait for the NV30. If you're on a budget, the gf4600s should drop in price with the introduction of the new Nvidia cards. Do you have a fast processor? You'll want a pretty fast one to take advantage of the hot cards. Does your mobo support AGP 8X?

My current motherboard, an Abit KR7-133 doesn't support x8, but should still run either the 4600 or NV30 at x4, I understand the additional bandwidth makes very little difference to the overall performance of the card.
    My intention is to either buy a 4600 now, or an NV30 when available, and then upgrade to an Abit/AMD K8 motherboard/processor next year.

Then I'd say wait for the NV30. If vid cards keep up with their current design cycle, the 4600 is going to look kind of dated in 6-8 months.

with computer's life cycles....EVERYTHING looks dated in 6 - 8 months. lol :laugh:

Guess it would have helped if I had posted this thread in the correct forum, sorry about that.
    Several sites are saying that Nvidia will officially announce the NV30 at Comdex (November 18-22) So I can't see the card being available before late Jan, early Feb next year.

nVidia will want these cards on shelves before xmas or they will loose a lot of xmas dollars, pre xmas sales is usually the best profit making time of the year for these companies and they don't want to miss it but because nVidia are cuttin' it fine you'll want to be quick to get on a pre-order list if you can as these will go fast once in. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information