Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBA Radeon 9700/SYKT400

Well....i shelled out the cash...and was disappointed....my system absolutely would not run , hang ups , freezes...couldnt even run the simplest games.......My best friend , who upgrades along side of me ,got the exact same set up and his works fine.I had to have the mobo sent back to Soyo Tek for replacement , turns out that the 8x agp wasnt working at all!!!So I sit and wait with all the new stuff(AMD 2200+ , Radeon 9700 , pc 3200 DDR) and play my UT2003 on my other computers (4 and yes i built them and yes I have no life).The only thing I can say is that all this stuff is so new...that were the ones having to give the initial feedback to these companies.However , I do get pissed every time i look at my main system and see it in parts , collecting dust , waiting on a product that should have been thoroughly tested before it left the damn factory.

Some Radeon 9700's have a prob that they won't run at 8x so don't be surprised if the mobo comes back ok. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Okay I know I am new here but give me a little credit.....lol.I tested the video card in my best friends computer (same setup exactly) and it worked just fine.We also order through a friend who owns a computer repair shop and who does all the local schools setup and networking.So four educated men , two tech guys and two home builders , all came to the same conclusion. Soyo Tek had NO PROBLEM with replacing the board, as if they had dealt with this particular complaint before.I just had to send them my board and they'll send me a replacement.I also do all my business through the shop so as to not get the "joe user" screw over.Companies are a lot less crappy to other businessess than they are to individuals.So here i sit and wait....

Ok, just thought that I'd check. : peace2:

no problem.......having as many computers as I do i usually am down one.So i always have the back up.......at least i can play my UT2003 til it gets here.

yeah, I had a similiar experince with my abit at7 max2 board. Got everything installed and running. Stressed the system and was still working without problems. Two days later, the mobo dies. I have sent it back and should be getting a new next week...but this sux. I have a new box, sitting in my corner, laughing at me! :(

UpDate....My buddy starting started experiencing the same problems and found a bios update that seems to have worked.I will keep you all posted.I do , however feel silly now that thats all it needed.

Well...got the mobo back and all is well.........i love my setup...

That's good to hear, enjoy. :thumb:

I have a feeling that some problems that people are having with AGP 8X are more related to the Mobo than the Radeon.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information