Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A few questions about PNY and Tiger Direct...

TD requires a "defective" code from the manufacturer before you can send it back. The only way is to get on the phone and explain to a tech support guy what the problem is. That, my friend, is a nightmare and seems like a hassel. My gut instinct was to send it directly to PNY because it seems like they would understand the problem better.

True, they also know exactly how their product was shipped to you though. That includes thermal grease and bent pins.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

most of the hardware suppliers I deal with send hardware right back to the mfg'er and get a determination from them before providing a replacement - it takes a while - but the plus side is that the mfg'ers don't seem to look to hard at what's been done to the item - they just bin it & send a new one
    I've had good luck this way with Epox, Maxtor and Powercolor hardware - the local retailer/wholesalers are a lot more sticky when it comes to honouring warrantees - since their profit margins are slim to start with & they don't want to be out of pocket

I even got Epox to replace a i815 motherboard that had a heat sink retantion tab broken off the side of the zif socket - I was surpirsed they honoured that one :D

one month ago my gainward ti4200 died(maybe from me overclocking it buches, but they dont know that) and i had forgotten what online store i had gotten from it, so i went it back directly to Gainward and they returned a bran new card imidiatly. the whole transaction took 4 days(including shipping times). i was very impressed w/ the service.

I just got a Gainward 4200 myself.
    What exactly did you do to brake it?
    I am overclocking the processor only (to 280 mhz), but will soon start increasing it.
    Cheers, Alex

If I ever did oc it, it wasn't by much and I wouldn't leave it oc'd. The thing is, I stopped oc'ing it about a month after I got it and it worked fine up until about a month ago. Can the manufacturers find out if you oc'd it even if you only did a little?:rolleyes:

Not usually if it was in the past.. perhaps if they went in and did some diagnostics on the card and figured out you fried the card from overclocking (say their readings had the core clocked at 60MHz past the default, etc..), then you might be screwed.

If you oc'd it months ago and took it back to stock settings, the chances would be 99.9% that they wouldn't be able to tell.. or even care.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Sorry, I didn't make it clear the first time.
    Dadrago, how did you burn your Gainward ti4200? Overclocking?
    What settings?
    I just don't want my one to have the same destiny, but you know, overclocking..., who can resist to it?

By the way, I just increased my core speed from 250mhz to 270mh, and my 3dMark score DECREASED!
    Any similar case? Any explanation?
    Cheers, Alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information