Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: video card overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I think RDR would be better able to give you a rough idea on what to expect but remember even 2 identical PC's will never give the same results. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>
    RDR, is that a person or an app? Also, should I overclock my core clock or memory clock. Should the two be equal (generaly) or is there a ratio of like 1:2?

what are the stock speeds
    Brandon Cook
    Sepherum Systems
    Pentium II 333MHz
    96 MB Ram
    Geforce 4 MX 440
    (OC'ed to the max 432,723)
    (default 270,400)
    2 SCSI 4GB Hdds' w/raid

249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    vnet576[/size]]
    RDR, is that a person or an app?
    He's the moderator of this forum that I moved ya thread to as he's got experience with these cards. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by vnet576
    249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock
    From what I know about the Crucial Radeon's - 330.8 is the effective memory speed - it uses 6ns DDR Ram - so the actual memory clock speed should be around 166.67MHz

My R8500 is an ATi Retail - so it came clocked at 275/275 (550 effective for the memory) - I was able to get around 310/310 without any major mods.

However - most LE Radeon's won't OC to Retail level's since they are supplied with less voltage - there's an easy way around that through the use of an HB pencil - see this article
    http://www.xcl-clan.com/articles.php3?id=29

with a little more juice I would think you would be able to get at least 300MHz maybe more from your GPU
    As for your Ram - who knows. Crucial is well known for high quality memory, but there's only so much you can do with 6ns chips.

Just keep increasing your clocks by a few MHz at a time...run a few benchmarks and look for artifacts. If you don't see any bump it up a bit more and try again...that's all anybody can do.

Personally, I use Powerstrip for OC'ing - but any of the Radeon tweakers available at Rage3D will do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information