Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: video card overclocking

So I'm not able to overclock my cpu. Oh well. Maybe I'll be more lucky with my video card. I have Crucial made ATI Radeon 8500LE 128 mb video card. Can I overclock it, and how? Thanks

www.rage3d.com

use ragetweak =D

thx, but does that app come with instructions on how to overclock? Also, does anybody know the safe levels for overclocking my video card. I don't want to overclock it too much,

did you even install the application, there's a slider for overclocking it....

my default clock speed according to the app is 249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock. How far can I overclock it? If anybody else overclocked their radeon can u tell me what u overclocked it to and how it works? Thanks!

Overclocking, whether the video card or the entire system, is truly a matter of trial and error. Adjudt the settings up a bit and start running some graphically intensive tests or games. If everything remains stable, then take it a little higher. When you begin to notice graphical tears or srtifacts, then you just need to back it off a touch and you'll be at the limit of your card.

And besides, the results of others will likely have little bearing on the results you get yourself. All components are not created equally.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i thought the radeons were syncro? hmm..guess not

I think they were when they were first released, but they split it again when the 7500/8500 series GPUs started being produced.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    vnet576[/size]]
    my default clock speed according to the app is 249.8 core clock and 330.8 memory clock. How far can I overclock it? If anybody else overclocked their radeon can u tell me what u overclocked it to and how it works? Thanks!
    I think RDR would be better able to give you a rough idea on what to expect but remember even 2 identical PC's will never give the same results. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I use the tool called powerstrip.. It works well.
    Brandon Cook
    Sepherum Systems
    Pentium II 333MHz
    96 MB Ram
    Geforce 4 MX 440
    (OC'ed to the max 432,723)
    (default 270,400)
    2 SCSI 4GB Hdds' w/raid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information