Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NV40

No, no real proof yet but most of these rumours start from ppl at or around nVIDIA and their partners, the same as with previous models (other manufactures also have the same probs). Most of us who travel the net in search of info will come across lots of references, speculation and actually reliablely leaked information on many things plus over the years you get to know which sources are reliable and those that are not. The specs will have slight alterations while testing goes on but everything here so far is what's only being reported by better sources so far on the web. If something steps out of line from that then I'll be askin' for a link, believe me. Have a Google around and you'll find plenty to go thru. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Spot on Wiggo, I've just found more than 50 articles/posts that mention the NV40, are all these people dreaming?
    Theres a design team in Santa Clara already working on this chipset, I'm convinced of that, it may be early days, but
    they've started.
    In my view, I see the NV35 as an evolutionary chip, a faster, more refined version of the NV30, positioned to take on
    the R400, H2 2003. The NV40 will be the next truly amazing offering from Nvidia.

Yep ya can do that with any item and its just experience that separates the BS from fact plus getting to know the more reliable ones. :devil:

Well there isnt necessary any truth in any of rumors..
    They could all be based on the same malicios rumor from some evil dude.. hehe im not saying thats the case but its possible..
    I remember early rumors about NV30 that it had a hole in the middle for extra cooling, supported a new version of glide(3dfx buy based i assume) and used embedded RAM(bitboys buy up)..
    None of it was true as far as i know hehe..

Anyway when posting very loosly based info (well goes for pretty much all unannounced hardware/software i guess)
    post a link to the source, and stress the fact that its unconfirmed rumors..
    Mostly incase someone who doesnt know better reads it, belives it to be true facts and spreads the word on these "new facts".
    that way we can all do our lil part in preventing rumors messing up the stockmarket and such.. hehe

reasonable speculated (my own ideas) specs on what a nv35 chip could be:
    Faster DDRII memory (Qdr if its not to far ahead?)
    256Bit memory buss
    updated LMA and that kind of stuff
    maybe even updated vertex&pixel shaders.
    Possibly more textures per clock..
    seems a bit hard to make the GPU clock much higher tho..

Thoughts on what NV40 could possibly bring(or would be cool to se):
    Embedded RAM since the Bitboys buy is possible i guess
    (they had 12Mb embedded with 1024Bit buss on a card that never survived to se the light of day)
    Possibly dx10 support depending on when NV40 is worked on and DX10 specs are drawn up.
    Maybe 512 bit GPU and 512 memory busS?
    QDR memory possibly depending on when.
    A new AGP standard with PCI express or hypertransport support?
    (got no idea if agp will benefit from those tho)

hehe.. its so sweet to speculate on what might be :)

Quote Originally Posted by jolle
    hehe.. its so sweet to speculate on what might be :)
    Speculation leads to the dark side... dont ask me why... it just does...

it also leads to dissapointment, when you speculate away and the reality isnt as fantastic as you imagined...
    Feels a bit like that at the GeforceFX launch, or maybe its just the empty void where all the reviews and tests should have been..

Maybe ya shouldn't be in this thread jolle if the speculation is to heavy for ya. :devil win

After all where would we be now without it? :?:

Hehe.. and Im not speculating enough for ya? just look at my post above man..
    I just agreed to JediAgent that it ahs its drawbacks to speculate, but I just cant help myself, if they wont tell me I will speculate!!! :bounce:

And disapointment leads to anger!!!

(sorry, I had to say that...)
    Cheers, Alex

When speculation there is, much suffering i see...

... suffering ...

... suffering ...

... suffering, without new hardware you will beif pocketbook is smaller that speculation...

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information