Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NV40

Temper, temper...:group:
    I will be getting an ATI9800PRO 256mb ! And then I'll wait for nVidia to get their act together...after that...we'll see...If they can and do produce a quality card in the near future, then I might go to nVidia for my next video card (after this upcoming card).
    SPAM Special Ops

It's kind of a shame really... I was so looking forward to the FX Ultra being my next super-cool-a$$ video card. And with all the crap that Nvidia has been pulling with this release, it's like 3DFX all over again, a little. I really hope they do pull their heads out of their poopshoots, but in the mean time, I will sit back and watch with a kick butt ATI card in my rig. They have enough money, but they need to start thinking "outside of the box" again to pull ahead of ATI at this point, IMHO. This will only be good for the consumer, though. We're going to see killer toys come out as a result of this struggle for best high-end graphics card race. :)
    - -+ r e v e n a n t +- -
    my rig: Shyznat
    * AMD XP 2600+ @2277 on an MSI K7N2-L * 2x 256meg Corsair PC3200 XMS Platinum in Dual Channel mode @ 3,2,1,2.0 * ATI Radeon 9700 Pro * 4x IBM 180GXP 60gig RAID 0+1 on a Promise Fastrack100 * 1x Western Digital WD800JB 80gig with 8mb buffer on mainboard IDE *Soundblaster Live! * Samsung SW-248B CDRW with 8mb buffer * Sony DDU1621 DVDR * Enermax EG465P-VE 431watt PSU * 23.1" Sceptre X23s-Naga LCD * Chieftech windowed case with glowing ide cables * pic1 * pic2 * pic3 * pic4 * pic5 * 9700 * 3Dmark03 5432 * 3Dmark2001SE 17K club member * the sweet spot *

The NV40 will use second generation GDDR2 memory.
    As the NV40 will be available from Jan 2004, I can't see Nvidia using PCI Express on this release.

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    The NV40 will use second generation GDDR2 memory.
    As the NV40 will be available from Jan 2004, I can't see Nvidia using PCI Express on this release.
    Really ? Why not ? Isn't PCI-Express supposed to be released this coming fall on the new mobos ? People who buy the new mobos will need a video card for sure...:confused:
    SPAM Special Ops

Mainly because of ATI's recent decision to delay the release of their R400/500 chipset, which I believe was partly due
    to this new technology.
    If motherboards are selling with a PCI-Express bus when the NV40 is launched, then I'm confident Nvidia will support it.

Here's a picture to outline the physical differences between the two interfaces.

so wot will this new technology bring us??:confused:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Key features

Compatible with current PCI enumeration and software device driver model
    Layered architecture enabling physical layer attachment to copper, optical, or emerging physical signaling media to allow for future encoding schemes
    Maximum bandwidth per pin for enabling unique and small form factors, reducing cost, simplifying board design and routing, and reducing signal integrity issues
    Embedded clocking scheme enables superior frequency scalability versus source synchronous clocking
    Bandwidth scalability with frequency and/or interconnect width
    Predictable low latency suitable for applications requiring isochronous data delivery
    Quality of Service (QoS) attributes
    Mechanisms to support embedded and communications applications
    Hot Plug and Hot Swap capability
    Power Management capabilities

Benefit of serial technology over parallel architecture

Serial technology does away with the limitations of parallel bus architectures by delivering high bandwidth in the fewest number of signals. This allows higher frequency scaling while maintaining cost effectiveness.

Veeeery NICE...!!! :thumb: :cheers: :cheers:

isnt that "pci express" just a backwards pci slot? the short tab being toward the case edge instead being toward the case inside?( if u can understand that talk with my shrink ) anyway...is this pci express different from that "blue magic" pci stuff i saw/herd about? ok well back to the NV40... whens this 2004..but its dx10 compatible? DX 10 isnt officaly releaed by MS till 2005ish (longhorn release) so then its nv45 thats gona be dx10 compatible or nv 40 is commin out with LH RTM ...:spam: curiouse to c what y'all think :spam:

DX10 ?? We barely have software that'll use DX9....
    SPAM Special Ops

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information