Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GeForce FX?

Well in reality the both have the same bandwidth, it seems to me that both are the same, but theoritically the ATI is almost double the bandwidth, I was reading it in an ATI Press Release and at another Game Site and in my PC Gamer. I would assume those to be true, but hey there is always a better card out, and the ATI Radeon Card is the card of DOOM III, that in itself is quite impressive.
    Alienware Area-51

1. Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
      ASUS P4T533-C Intel 850E478
      512 MB PC-1066
      80 GB Wester Digital UltraATA
      16x DVD
      PlexWriter 48/24/48A CD-RW
      ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB
      Koolmaxx Video Cooling
      Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1
      Intel Pro/1000 MT Gigabit Adapter
      US Robitics V.92 56k Modem
      NEC 19" MultiSync Flat CRT Monitor
      Logitech Z-640 Speakers 5.1
      Microsoft Internet Keyboard
      Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
      Microsoft Windows Xp Professional
      Mircosoft Office XP Professional
      Aliencare 3 year Onsite
      ...and in Conspiracy Blue

I would definitely go for the radeon 9700 pro after hearing those prices... The fx isnt gonna be that much better than the 9700.... Im in the process of building my computer and i just made the decision to get the ati card instead of nvidia.
    P4 2.8 System in the works!

from what i've read the Geforce FX will be significantly better than the R9700

....but it has a distinct disadvantage, in that you can't actually buy one right now.

Dam thats expensive....a 900 canadian..
    i don't even have a penny on me...........
    how will i get that card? haha
    i'm bankrupt........my mobo took like more than 300 bucks off me....
    lol no $ left......

You think 9500 pro will run doom 3 @ 35 fps?... :geek:

The GeForce FX will own the Video Crad MArket for a while ... and although price is steep taht would be the only thing holding me back from the purchase over the 9700. Since i alreasy have Ti4600...i will play with that until the FX gets at a reasonable price....which might take a while...
    - Damien

prices, prices........ GF4 FX is own for a while i guess
    (for people who can afford it)
    what will the next vid. card after that be? a radeon 9900 pro or something??? 9900 pro <-- i just guessed the name...the R350...
    if whoever wants to trade there GF4 FX w/ a 9500 Pro or a TnT2 video card.. ask me please....:laugh:

quick note :
    theoretical bandwith listed by nvidia (ti-4600):10.4gbps
    theoretical bandwith listed by nvidia (FX): 16.7gbs
    Theoretical bandwith by ati (9700 pro): Bandwith 20,2 GB/s

also please note ati specs:

620Mhz 256-bit DDR BGA ::fx probably will remain 128-bit for the time being,

iin conclusion while the fx card may have faster memmory the theoretical performance as stated by nvidia will be on equivilence with the 9700pro until it is further developed.\

..:: pr0 ::..

"Although higher memory bandwidth is always a good thing, modern graphics cards achieve their high performance by employing intelligent memory interfaces. Matrox' Parhelia is a prime example of this. Even though its theoretical bandwidth is twice as high as that of a GeForce4 Ti4600 (NV25), it fails to achieve its rival's scores by a long shot. The reason is the NV25's highly optimized memory interface (Lightspeed Memory Architecture). The GeForceFX (NV30) will use an even more refined version of this interface. In addition to Z-data compression, the chip is now capable of lossless 4:1 color compression in real-time (more on that later, in the section on Intellisample). NVIDIA promises a major performance-boost in combination with antialiasing. On top of that, larger caches and more refined caches as well as highly tweaked "crossbar" controller are also part of the new chip "

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...orcefx-04.html

Found a Great article from tomshardware.com
    Awesome Read for the Nvidia FX

still even as an nvidia advocate the 9700 will probably remain top till nvidia works all the bugs which we all know will be present at the release time
    ..:: pr0 ::..

From what i've heard the ati 9700 brings quite a bit of problems, it's many people who had to send em back.
    Even at this time when the childhood diseases should be gone.

I'm stickning to nvidia, good performance and reliability,
    altough the price on the new FX will sting a bit...

And i think Gf FX will no doubt handle Doom III best of all cards on the market due to the games special programing to suit Geforce FX.

:cheers:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information