Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GeForce FX?

Ya don't really have to buy it ya know. :rolleyes2

True, but hey Wiggo, IF i go ahead and buy it i could always send
    the invoice to you... ;)

:laugh:

Not bloody likely atm m8, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=7342 ;)

Plus I'm just as happy on this as I am with this. :p

Yes i've read about your son's miraculos luck to survive the accident. Stuff like that freaks me out since i also experienced
    some not so fun stuff in my younger days involving traffic... :(

You have some really nice setups there.
    I'm thinking about building my gf an amd based pc this time.
    An 2000 or 2200+ would be more than enough power for her use.

:)

:cheers:

I sure wish that the missus and I could heal like that. :cry:

Actually if ya can get an XP2400+, 2x 256MB PC3200 RAM and an nForce2 mobo that should do her for a good long time plus still be upgradable. ;)

Also has some interestin' darkside abilities as well in that combination. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Speaking of being upgradeable... Does anyone know how much further AMD will go with the XP clock once the Hammer gets into "real" production? :?:

Just wondering,
    JM :afro:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

I've heard that several places have XP3200+ Barton cores now for testing purposes but who would really know with the 2-3yr life that they reckon Socket A has left in it (if that long at all with the pace of progress now) before it joins Sockets 3/4/5/7/SS7/8/370/423 and Slots 1/2/A (plus anyothers that I may have missed) in the graveyard for landfill? : peace2:

Remember we're still waiting for the PCI bus and hard drives to be removed from our systems "oldest of bottlenecks" list yet. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

:rolleyes: Well I would like to comment on the ATI 9700 Pro. I bought one and returned it less than 24 hours later. The card is a total piece. Spent almost $400 to get a measly 7 fps faster than my old Asylum 128 Nvidia GF4. I went back to my Nvidia. Not only that but ATI really screws with windows. I had a heck of a time getting all their garbage out of my system to get it tweaked again. Just words of warning when going with ATI. I will say this about ATI, if you are doing video editing there is nothing better out there. If you are using this for gaming stick with Nvidia.

PEACE!
    Live fast...Die young

You guys are beginning to sound like children, I mean come on. First of all, the card isn't close to release, and all of these performance numbers are based on theory and a far from finished product. I have no worries that Nvidia will tweak the card to peak performance, kicking the Radeon 9700's ass with ease. Also, all this bandwith crap is just that, crap. Even if the 9700 has better bandwith (and it wouldn't be by much) the Nvidia card would be optimized to get far better perfomance with what it is working with. Don't forget DDR2.

PCI Express motherboards will be available by the end of this year (goodbye AGP), and then theres Big Water after that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information