Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GeForce FX?

when is this new chipset coming out from nvidia(if its not already out)? and does anyone know if its gonna be 4x only or 8x AGP compatable also? wanna check this out...

You'll be able to pick up one for around $500 US mid Jan 03 - it will be AGP 8x with DX9 support.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

$500 U.S.?!? That'll mean it's gonna cost $908.50 Canadian (including 15% tax)!!! Nothing's worth that!
    Abit-ST6RAID
    1.4GHz Tualitin Celereon oc'ed to 1.736GHz
    3dfx Voodoo5-5500 (182/182)
    MSI GeForce4-Ti4400 (330/630)
    40.9 GB UATA 100
    90 GB UATA 100
    SB Live! Value
    NDC Fast 10/100 Ethernet
    Cable Modem, @rogers
    21" ViewSonic P810
    32x Panasonic CD-ROM
    ASUS 32x12x40 CD-R/RW
    300w power supply
    ThermalTake Volcano 7+
    3x 80mm ANTEC case fans
    Winduhs XP Pro

wow, a bit steeper than i expected, but damn i do want that card...... guess im gonna shell out the $500 for it, thanks

Well the lower version of the FX card at release will be $395us and the top $495us. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well.....thats no good, i was under the impression that the Geforce FX was just a new chipset from nvidia, i didnt know it was a mobo......hrmmmmm

My current box: Nothing! using my parents cause i sold mine for cash!

Soz but I started right but finished wrong (I should stop replyin' to two posts at once while half asleep).

Nah get the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro its the same speed and has more bandwith, though go with the Hercules Prophet Radeon 9700 Pro they added alot more Heatsinks to overclock it if u ever need to, which you won't. Nvidia is going under, I doubt it will be very strong in the next few years, this Nvidia FX Card is a just something to try to get the company moving again and it wont, the radeon is cheaper and there is more out on the market now. And Nvidia lost MAJOR contracts this past month, I know ive lost alot of money on them in the market so im selling and going with ATI now. My best advice get the Hercules Prophet Radeon 9700 128 MB Pro.:cheers: "Cheers"
    Alienware Area-51

1. Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
      ASUS P4T533-C Intel 850E478
      512 MB PC-1066
      80 GB Wester Digital UltraATA
      16x DVD
      PlexWriter 48/24/48A CD-RW
      ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB
      Koolmaxx Video Cooling
      Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1
      Intel Pro/1000 MT Gigabit Adapter
      US Robitics V.92 56k Modem
      NEC 19" MultiSync Flat CRT Monitor
      Logitech Z-640 Speakers 5.1
      Microsoft Internet Keyboard
      Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0
      Microsoft Windows Xp Professional
      Mircosoft Office XP Professional
      Aliencare 3 year Onsite
      ...and in Conspiracy Blue

While I will agree that some vendors have made a switch to ATi, it is foolish to believe that the nVidia folks are going under. Stocks have played havoc lately and technical stocks have been about the worst, so this is a very poor gauge of the market.

As to the comment of the ATi running at the same speeds and having more bandwidth, I believe you'll find you're wrong on both counts. Speeds for the GeForce FX are set at 500MHz for the core and 1000MHz for the memory. That's right, we're talking about a video card running in the GHz zone!

Also consider that the memory being used is the DDR2 variety. It will raise bandwidth levels by a large amount and the pre-production cards are beating out the Radeon 9700 Pro by a considerable margin.

Now don't get me wrong; ATi isn't sitting still, but the nVidia company will own the video market when the NV30 based video boards are released. It will only be a matter of time before the competition comes up with an answer, but have no dounts that NV30 is real.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Then once the opposition responds, nVidia turns around and opens the memory bandwidth even further (which is already planned). No we still have years of chasin' our tails tryin' to keep up with it all. ;)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information