Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCI to AGP adapter?

Hello,

I am currently looking for an adapter to make a PCI slot compatible with an AGP card.

My goal is to go for Matrox Parhelia type surround gaming with GeForce4 Ti 4200 cards.

I.e. One card in AGP slot and two in PCI slots. Would this work? Is this doable?

I have yet to find such an adapter. Does anyone know where I could get one/do they exist?

Worst case scenarios, could I use GF4 MX 440 cards that are made for PCI to accomplish this?

Thanks!
    Michael

Donít shoot the noowbie
    :bounce:

not possible, cant work in sync, plus pci cant handle agp bandwidth, so adapter wouldnt work..just getta matrox..lol

:cry:

Dang!

I was hoping there was some way to do it.

The reason I don't really want to go Parhelia it is a bit underpowered esp. for over $300.

Also, I am building a comp to last me some time. The Parhelia is already struggling to keep up.

Is there *ANY* work around to get three monitors up?

Hmmm.... 3 Geforce FX's...

:snip:

Please don't mind the moron playing with the smiley faces.

Get a dual head AGP video card then put a PCI GF2/4 MX (w/ either single or dual head) in and if there are no IRQ or driver probs then ya can have 3-4 monitors (works better w/ motherboards w/ few onboard extras). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

wiggo, surround gaming tho..wouldnt work i dont think, could a gf4mx keep up with a ti4600..lol, or just wait for the parhelia2

Hmmm....

Sounds good. I would like to have a Parhelia card that matched a Geforce Ti line card.

I would wet my pants for a card with a GF FX chip with the rest of the hardware done by Matrox. :lips: : peace:

Well, I'll be building my new comp. probably in early Feb. so I'll keep you updated.

He, would I be able to do a AGP GF Ti 4200 and two GF MX's in PCI slots? The both side monitors would have similar "power" behind them and my main would be able to use the full attention of a GF Ti or FX (Pipe dream, I know).

Thanks again guys!
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by aznx
    or just wait for the parhelia2
    But I want to build my new computer in Feb! :cry:

It's possible to use more vid cards but the success of this will decrease as ya add them as the IRQ's become more of a prob and if your mobo has a lot of onboard extras then the prob is compounded. Good luck. ;)

So I shold try to get a plain vanillar MoBo and add NIC and Sound card plus the vid cards, and it could work?

Would I need any specail software for XP or games to handle the multiple cards?

Also, does the PCI bus have enough band width to support an AGP card plus one or two PCI vid. Cards?

Thanks,
    Michael

- I will deffinitely be making a "how too" if I pull this off. :D

Yes a "lite" version mobo and nic (do ya have to have the s/c as onboard sound ain't that bad these days) should give ya the best chance and disable any other ports/controllers on the mobo that ya won't be usin' but as to whether 2 x PCI v/c's will be to much I can't say as I've only ever done a 1 on 1 combo myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information