Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GeForce FX Questions YOU want answered!

Hello, I would like to ask these four questions.

1st- Will there be a mobile version of the Geforce Fx

2nd- What will the fill rate be for the mobile version (if there will be one)

3rd- What would the memory bw most likely be

Last but not least

When would it be available or be in laptops (does not have to be a specific date)

If any of those questions could be answered It would be much appreciated

Is it possible to play 3d games with it...:?:

:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Is it possible to play 3d games with it...:?:

:confused:
    :laugh:

I'd reckon so... ;)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Mike89 is offline Junior Member

I'd like to know of Nvidia's future plans on what is going to succeed the FX and when that's going to happen. Hopefully it won't be another year.

I ask this because ATI is on a killer pace right now (btw, I use the Ti4600, not ATI) and surely Nvidia has to know this. I expect ATI to have a refresh of their 9700 Pro out around the same time as FX, or shortly after, and it will probably beat it. (If it does to the FX what the 9700 Pro did to the Ti4600, I think Nvidia is in trouble). I'd like to know what Nvidia's counter is going to be.

I hope Nvidia doesn't get caught with their pants down again

I'd also like to know if the next Nvidia card will use the 256 memory bus.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, 2 WD 640 gig Black HDDs, WD 1TB Black, WD 2 TB Black (eSata) HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

The Questions r listed below:

01. Can u give us the detail about every models of GeForceFX including Features, Core & Memory Frequencies & Of Course about Price for every model?

02. What is your comment about the Price / Performance Ratio of every GeForceFX Model in comparison with ATI RADEON 9700 PRO 128MB?

03. If there any models of GeForceFX equipped with 256MB DDR SDRAM? If so, can u please tell me with such large RAM onboard; do we need to enable AGP Aperture or AGP Texturing?

04. How many Polygons can GeForceFX Handle at Peak (i.e RADEON 9700 PRO = 325M, GF4 Ti 4600 = 136M)?

05. Does All Models Support FX Flow?

Thanks to Cam & NVIDIA for These Questions.

Is there an average % between benchmarks that the FX bests the 9700?

1) I won a GeforceFX in the cgshaders.org competition last october. When can I hope to get the prize :)

2) When will we see real hands-on reviews of the GFFX ?

The same promise was made on Beyond3d in 29th of November 2002. About 100 very perceptive questions where asked by alot of real experts in 3d from all over the web - how about finally answering our questions!

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3341

1) nVidia claimed to be prepared for new releases every six months and this was true for a while. With the GeforceFX, this is one year from the last technology release of the Geforce4. Does nVidia seek to return to the 6 month release schedule or "wing it" at what ever it takes.

2) ATI took a jump over nVidia's technology with the 9700, the GeforceFX looks to top ATI as well. Is nVidia prepared for a technology war with their nearest competetor or does nVidia think this was a one time problem?

3) Programmers like myself have been looking for double precision vertex positions due to the ever increasing geometry capability of graphics cards and ever expanding range of software requested for us. nVidia, and other driver companies, in the past, have claimed this is an OpenGL/DirectX issue and if specs ever request it, they will comply. Is this still the feeling at nVidia now that they have lead the technology beyond spec with floating point color and other capabilities of the GeforceFX? Is nVidia willing to say they are at least considering double precision coordinate geometry?

nVidia has often produced mobile versions of their chips, but at substantially modified drivers and reduced compliance with openGL specs, etc. Does nVidia plan to produce a mobile chips that are compatible (software & driver wise -- universal driver archetecture) with their full line products although at an expected performance reduction?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information