Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GeForce FX Questions YOU want answered!

When will nVidia's version of ATI's Radeon 9500 Pro come out in the U.S.?

Does the FX use low k dielectircs? There has been some question as to what type, if any, that was used.

We know the 3d quality will be good, but will the GF FX have as good 2D signal quality as the ATI and even Matrox cards? In the past, various GF cards have suffered from cheap components, but I heard NVIDIA was supervising the entire production of the GF FX instead of letting thrid parties create their own cards. Will GF look great at 1600x1200 in Windows?

In previous times the Quadro level boards were more or less the game (Geforce) level boards plus extras. However, in the recent board tour the QuadroFX does not have the same monster heatsink as the GeforceFX, does this mean the Geforce series boards will now be the top end to the Quadro's or simply that they will be cooled differently?

I'm totally surprised noone has asked this as of yet?

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T NVIDIA DECIDE TO USE 256BITDDR MEMORY WITH THE GFFX? 128BITDDR JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE WHAT IT GOING TO TAKE TO BLOW ATI OUT OF THE WATER. Please note, I used to test cards for Nvidia and the very first test cards had 256bit DDR memory on them clock at 800mhz.

Throw us some 3DMark 2001 scores, give us a full benchmark analysis. What the hell is this card capable of?

i think everybody wants the truth on this, too much bs going around

how much better is this card than an ati 9700 pro 2x 3x ?
    when precisely will i be able to buy one in uk off the internet
    ive stuck by nvidia for a long time but they did an intel and sat back on their laurels and now have to work 3x as hard to gain momentim to beat ati. is this card fully dx9 compatible? what exactly are the precise specs and performance ratings compared to 9700. is it gonna have a big nasty noisy fan or what?

1. How loud in (dBa) will the New Cooling Solution Be? Does it use the same blower fan (Not housing) as the Abit OTES Geforce 4 Ti Cards?

2. It looks like the Cooling solution (nicknamed the Dustbuster for obvious reasons) sucks in air from the rear of the machine and expels it in the same fasion. My question is, if the hot air is blowing out right next to the intake, would the hot air not be recirculated right back into the unit and create a superheated mixture of airflow?

3. Is the Dustbuster going to be the official cooling solution for the GeforceFX? Will 3rd Party Manufacturers have any say or be able to change the cooling solution with say, a quiter unit?

4. What sort of added features or changes to the design will manufacturers be able to bundle with or change on their cards in order to differentiate themselves from the competition?

5. What is the purpose of the second unused power connector on the GeforceFX PCB in all the pictures next to the Auxilary Power Connector?

6. Will manufacturers be able to offer a Dual-DVI solution since you are overseeing all production? If not, is this feature in the works?

7. Who will be providing your DDR-II Memory DRAMs? What speed (ns)?

8. What levels of Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering will be offered in the Final Board?

9. What driver version is slated to include GeforceFX Support? Will this release add any new features or changes to the existing Control Panel? Is there going to be an easier way to set the Refresh Rates in the Control Panel? (ie a "set all resolutions to xxxHz" setting instead of having to set it on each individual one)

10. Are you able to confirm that there will be a 128MB and a 256MB consumer board available?

11. Any hard figures on the MSRP of the Standard 128MB and 256MB Models? Do you think that price competitions will help to differentiate the different manufacturers?

12. Do you have a current projected release date for the 256MB version in reference to the 128MB Release?

13. Will these cards be in reviewer's hands before release to the public?

14. Does the GeforceFX include any additional Hardware Acceleration for video rendering or playback? (ie Hardware assisted MPEG4/DivX decoding, better DVD/MPEG2 decoding, etc.)

15. Will running the GeforceFX on a 4x AGP Bus as opposed to a 8x greatly limit the performance of the card?

16. Has the GeforceFX been completely validated to have no issues with the new AGP 3.0/8x standard? (ie ATi cards had known problems on release) Should we expect the same possible issues from Nvidia? Will these be ironed out with later driver releases?

Hazel,

I want to Personally Thank You for taking the time to answer my and other's questions. I hope the best for this release and expect nothing but the best from Nvidia. P.S. I want my 256MB GeforceFX! :D

Beefy Guest

Another quick one:

Any chance of getting 3 simultaneous outputs, like the Parhelia?

Thanks guys!

All questions have been submitted to nVidia and I just got this response back from Hazel:

I have answered most of your questions and need to send this for approval. Likely to get back to you first thing tomorrow.

:cheers:
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information