Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: should I replace my G4 fan? (Warning: Gone Feral)

1. Default

Thanks NEGO and Malab. Hypotheticly, that is a great plan with the" Oh I was looking to get a replacment for my card but I changed my mind and decided on a albatron, I must have put the wrong card in the box, sorry" That is perfect, Hypotheticaly ofcourse. Yeah I myself dont understand how they ram sinks stay on with just that artic silver, I did it because I read that artic silver is way better than those pads, but they do move around a little bit, And I am confused about how much to use, I read that u should use as little as possible but how if you are trying to pervent imperfections in the surface. I am a newb to this hard core hardware modification Over clocking thing. I was a little rough with the card when i was trying to get that damn fan connector off. I didnt know videocards were THAT sensitive. But I have learned my lesson.
    Malaboo you should definetly get some of the artic silver, from what I have been told its almost pointless to use those pads.
    my view on the two party system...
    [img]http://www.dennisf.com/images/****banner.jpg[/img]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by negomike
    [B]Dryadsoul you have truly made my day, I think that is one of the greatest compliments one could receive from a member of this forum. (Yes, I'm also kissing bum ;)

I am just glad that one of my posts was helpful/useful.

Just stating facts as i know them, and giving props when/wherever they're due; not suckin' ass as haven't got the time to whipe the shyte off my face. And Nego, check my join
    date..........no more than 3 weeks ahead of you. Have been
    building computers since 1980.....were talkin' Apple II e's &
    yes, i still own one....lol..kid's under 2 love it.And although
    i finnished highest in graduating class NWTech Inst.....i've learned
    far more about computer technology from both hands on Doing
    and the forums here & other Tweaker/OC sites.
    When it comes to Knowledge, if one Doesn't Know than One Ask or One NEVER knows. Only fools fein pretense for fear of appearing stupid, which is in my estimation the Stupidest.
    As attitude is lattitude.........if your minds in the ****ter guess what ya can expect from your life??? more shyte.......
    :eek: gotta run as have two auto's,three guitars
    and several pc's to heal before this day is my own.
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Originally posted by negomike
    [B]Dryadsoul you have truly made my day, I think that is one of the greatest compliments one could receive from a member of this forum. (Yes, I'm also kissing bum)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    Just stating facts as i know them, and giving props when/wherever they're due; not suckin' ass as haven't got the time to whipe the shyte off my face.
    Please except my apologies dryadsoul, I just reread my post. I am very sorry and truly did not mean to say what I ended up posting.

To summerize what I wanted to say.
    Being told that one is Mr.C, Mr.Tweak and/or Wiggo esc is a great compliment. However, I do not wish to seem to kiss up to them, it’s just how I feel.

I really didn't mean to insult you. Got my first compliment here from you and managed to insult you in return.

Thank you for the compliment and I am sorry.
    Someday I would like to become knowledgeable so that I could do penance for all the stupid questions I have and have yet to ask.

[i]Originally posted by negomike [/
    Thank you for the compliment and I am sorry.
    Negomike; Stop right there as I am apparently the one with an appology to make.
    Case in point:since first posting on this forum
    i have been totally mis-Understood and or mis-represented not only by others,but, by the mis-interpratation of the facts which i
    personally intended to, and thought i had, clearly stated. As a
    direct result of said misunderstandings, i no longer use whatever
    version of shorthand might make these communiques easier for most to wade through.........as many seek only instant gratification;and are unwilling/incapable of patience required to
    reach an intelligent translation of words/phrases expressed here.

Having said that, know that i am anything But,and i stress BUT,
    unwilling to communicate at any and or All levels of education/intellect....unfortuanately,being raised in Los Angeles
    and having been gifted by the Gawds with an high I.Q...........
    I do not tolerate stupidity/blatant ignorance well. I am the first to speak out against untruths/speak up for those being wronged...............this is one of my many human weakness's.
    but ,as i choose to live by the virtues i hold sacred, my judgement is ruled by my values/morals.........which can become a hassle
    when living soley by my Zero tolerance law.....when dealing with others of the same species.....I.E.:others humans.
    So,please understand and in our future inter-relations, feel more than free to PM me if in doubt/question as to my intention/meaning.
    For i have as much, if not more, respect for your opinion as you may have for mine. And the very first time,Ever, i posted here......
    was also my virgin-first time- post on ANY Forum in existance.
    And you were the first & only one to respond to said post.
    So without further adou, i bid you and all, a long and healthy
    correspondence on this.....my favorite/truley loved Forum.
    Thanks to all concerned for your valued time/patience.
    : peace2: :cheers:
    Sorry,but, this is as brief a statement as i am capable of making
    on this issue.......Thanks once again...... :D

Hey see? You guys can work these things out without me here. ;)

But really some of ya's need to study this page (I'll soon know who doesn't). :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Please see post directly above!!!!!

Thanks Wiggo, just tryng to do that thing we are all attempting
    to do............Communicate/be understood...........glad that is an
    excepted behaviour here on TT...........else I'd have been long gone.............
    by the way Wiggo do you have any Beer Brewing Recipes
    that you'ld willingly share with those of us less fortunate beer
    drinkers?????? : peace2: :cheers:
    More than willing to pay $$$ for righteous Stout recp.???:shoot2:

Sorry about the recipes but I use a pre-made lager wort here and just add dextrose and powered corn syrup to suit me (dry lager @ 6.2% alc/vol). :devil:

I have been known on the odd occassion to do a 9.2 though :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Dryadsoul you have no need to apologize for I too seem to have a talent for unintentionally inserting my foot into my mouth. Thanks again, for everything, especially understanding that the double negative in my apology was a mistake.

Forthwith, may I put forth that a mutual non-hostility pact with free trade stipulation that will allow the greater economic and political expansion of random babblings... and take up the holly cry of.. flatulence, crashaexperta, datainvalada...

Further more please feel free to PM and AIM me anytime. Your also going on the buddy lists. :D

Oh, also to let you know, I am switching over to a new tag. AIM: SmokeyThe Balrog and I’ll probably change it here too. Good by post count.

Oh, and concerning Apple comp.s in my parents basement they have a still functioning Apple IIgs. :D

Originally posted by Wiggo
    But really some of ya's need to study this page (I'll soon know who doesn't).
    Sigh… I've been busted by Wiggo… again… :D

-
    Look I'm a programmer, I made a calculator in Visual Basic!
    ...?
    It crashed
    Someday I would like to become knowledgeable so that I could do penance for all the stupid questions I have and have yet to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeAliOuS
    Yeah I myself dont understand how they ram sinks stay on with just that artic silver, I did it because I read that artic silver is way better than those pads, but they do move around a little bit, And I am confused about how much to use, I read that u should use as little as possible but how if you are trying to pervent imperfections in the surface.
    Malaboo you should definetly get some of the artic silver, from what I have been told its almost pointless to use those pads.
    Actually, I believe thermal epoxy is the product to use when you need to stick a heatsink onto a chip with not attaching mechanism.

Arctic Silver Adhesive-( Premium Silver Thermal Epoxy, Silver-Based )here at Newegg

But note! I also understand that it is far more complex to use the epoxy. You have to combine two different compounds that come in two tubes, mix them together, then use as normal thermal paste, then you let it set. Also from what I've read it is possible though difficult to remove something that has been epoxyied on.

I have also read, I think also in that thread that I linked too, that they used Arctic Silver with two dabs of crazy glue at each end. Though I don't think that’s such a good idea. It might not hold the metal, and you would never be able to take off the RAMsinks. And I don't know if you glue could eat through the protective casing of the RAM.

Further if you are new to all this, the pads do work, but not very well. So you may want to stick with the pads, cause their easy, for the time being.

[B]Thanks NEGO and Malab. Hypotheticly, that is a great plan with the" Oh I was looking to get a replacment for my card but I changed my mind and decided on a albatron, I must have put the wrong card in the box, sorry" That is perfect, Hypotheticaly ofcourse.
    I also realized that I forgot to write about option 2. Should the return not work, try sending the card to MSI. “I turned on my computer and I got a blank screen” type joby.

[B]I am a newb to this hard core hardware modification Over clocking thing. I was a little rough with the card when i was trying to get that damn fan connector off. I didnt know videocards were THAT sensitive. But I have learned my lesson.
    Hey, at this point you have far more experience than me. I've just read a bit. ;)
    Uh, just checking, was the fan connection soldered on or was it a socket?

What I would give not to post something and then notice all the mistakes, and then have it take ten tries before I save it and not notice anymore mistakes.

:o 9.2% Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa dat would
    put kink in even a canucks tail........as they do 8.0%
    it'ld work well if ya didn't plan on both drinkin' & walkin':confused:

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information