Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Which Video card will you buy

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: FX vs. 9700

I have just read that the 9500 pro and standerd can't be overclocked.Anyone tried this and is it true?:cheers:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

That is definitly not true as the 9500 is a detuned 9700. My friend has OCed his to 9700 status.

I have found a solution !!!

I just need to use the GeForce FX WITHOUT the cooler !!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    I have just read that the 9500 pro and standerd can't be overclocked.Anyone tried this and is it true?:cheers:
    Yeah, dead wrong. I use the Riva tuner to bring in the missing pipelines to make it a 9700 on some of my builds. You can also flash the bios of the card itself to make it a 9700. Also, the 9700 overclocks well, and even though on the 0.15 process, my sources tell me that it is much quiter and far more efficient than th FX. The 9500 can be overclocked very well....I personally use Rage3d tweak to overclock mine---even after I have made it a 9700. On a Soyo Kt400 mobo I get 15186 in 3Dmark. How bout dat :)

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    In some cases the 9500 pro is locked from the factory - but there are several modded bios available that allow OC'ing

I beleive the 9500np's don't need any tweaks to be Oc'd

Not used to posting in forums but here goes.

I have a GF4 Ti 4200 after upgrading, starting with a GF, GF2 MX, GF3 Ti200 up to the one I have now. Does anyone remember Voodoo? Of course you do!

Voodoo beat the hell out of everything and it may not have been the best being a pass through card etc, but we all had one.. Well I did at least. (2 in sli) Nvidia then trampled all over them.

I am not going to say that Nvidia are going to go the same way, but overall, it's price to performance that I look for. Who cares about the GF FX? Am i EVER going to be able to afford one? Should I even think about buying one? No.

I think Nvidia have made a mistake this time, not a big one, but a mistake nonetheless. I am sick to death of all the revisions, the 4200, the 4600, the 5800, the T1000! Dammit. The 8500Le, the 9500, the pro, the 7000, the 7000 pro. Geez........ I think we should have NO allegiance to ANY company as when Nvidia OR ATI go the remaining company will beat the crap out of us with Price. Look at AMD! Great chips, but if Intel go, the price will shoot up.

What am i saying? Who cares if we pick ATI or Nvidia! I look at the charts, imagine a price, and buy. After all, I wanna play Doom 3 at the nicest / fastest quality without saying sorry to the bank manager.

Athlon XP 2400+
    756Mb PC2100 DDR
    3 x Hard drives = 140Gb
    Hercules Game T XP 7.1
    Creative (Aghhh) Ti4200 64Mb
    Crap case

I nominate RogerB for the position of Newbie Prophet!:thumb: :hammer:

P.S. Should RogerB be voted into this position; I ask that he please answer the age- old question, "Are newbies allowed to use icons?"

Well of course, i want to play doom3 very fast with crazy fps
    when it comes. But i seriousley doubt that is possible with my current pc. I want a faster nvidia card and faster cpu and more memory of course. Last thing is what's holding me back the most atm...

You get the speed you pay for, do i want a FX? I sure do...

:cheers:

Quote "Not use to posting in forums but here goes "
    originally posted by BG

Amen to the NO allegaince clause and ya Voodoo was da one
    as you could chain 2/more of their cards to not only increase but
    double/triple/Quad-druple the performance........which in it self
    is a far more finnacialy viable solutution these days:wave:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

drool....
    Someday I would like to become knowledgeable so that I could do penance for all the stupid questions I have and have yet to ask.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information