Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Which Video card will you buy

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FX vs. 9700

Let the war begin.

Just kidding.

Well, it seems that in its current state the FX is just an equal to the 9700. The drivers seem to be immature from the issues had.

FX seems like it was definitely rushed a bit.
    I think there is hope for the FX since it seems to have high CPU utilization, I would figure thatís due to the drivers. Maybe they will be able to get another 10 to 20% (or hopefully more, out of it)

Yet, the 9700 can be silenced with a Zalman VGA cooler and the R350 is supposed to launch in March or so. Does that mean it will be available in March?

And to all flamers out there. Please remember flaming simply wastes our time and if anything makes me more likely to decided against the flamers point of view.
    :rolleyes2

That make me wonder if some flamers haven't figured this out and actually claim to support the company they hate in order to get people annoyed at it.

Hmmm,
    :bounce:

Edit:
    Actually with the description of the FX, and it's heat being CPU level, I wonder if you could fit a Zalman flower cooler to it + some kind of support system to keep it from breaking the card.

All these reviews are based on a reference samples and early drivers, I am going to reserve my opinion until I get a hold of a retail sample.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I have always prefered ATI signal quality over NVidia but was impressed with the frame rates of the GeForce GPU's. Now that ATI have beaten the GeForce in frame rate and even with the NX they are still on even ground I will have no reason to not stay with ATI and the Radeon GPU.

I have been a very satisfied All In Wonder Radeon owner (original 32MB DDR model) and now plan to place a 9700Pro in the gaming system I am building now. The only question is whether I will go with the plain Radeon 9700 Pro or with the All In Wonder version. I think I will go for broke, pun intended, and get the All In Wonder again. I have nothing but good things to say about my first All In Wonder and I would imagine the 9700 will make it another winner.

EB

well i have seen some reviews as Nvidia has sent out their testing sample cards. One thing about them is that they are extremly loud, also as many of the test show the FX is better then the 9700 but its not that much better, especially when u consider the price/noise/power, on another note the new FX can consume up to 75W of power so there is a connector in it like the 9700 which only consumes about 54W. Seems that preatty soon you will need 2 PSUs, one for your computer and the other for the videocard. I do think that the newer generation DX9 games with new drivers will beat the 9700 even more but how much its any ones guess :cheers:

Hehe, a lighter side to the whole story...
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

And another...
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Heheheh :)

I want to buy an FX for sure, if mainly for the fact that game developers make sure their software runs well on nvidia cards first and foremost (or release a patch ASAP if it doesn't).

However the vacuum-cleaner level of noise the FX samples are putting out - I listened to the audio sample which the Tom's Hardware review has - makes me wonder what to do. I just hope they reduce the noise to a reasonable level for the retail cards.

I run a closed-case system with no additional fans over stock and have a rock solid mild overclock, so there's no way I'm opening up my case and putting up with loud fan noise just for the FX.

I need to update my GF3 in the next month or so, so surprise us nvidia...please!

I downloaded the noise samples from AnandTech - when the GeForce FX kicked into full RPMs it sounded like an actual jet engine before take off.

I imagine 3rd party companies are already aware of this and busy perfecting their own, quieter, cooling systems - at least I hope.

I'll try and contact some of these companies and see what they have to say.
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Hey Tweak...Can we get a "Waiting until there both out" option ? As in GFFX & R350.
    SPAM Special Ops

Quote Originally Posted by E^vol
    Hey Tweak...Can we get a "Waiting until there both out" option ? As in GFFX & R350.
    Done!
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information