Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asus v9280s ti4200 Overclock

Hi folks-

I was curious if anyone else out there has an Asus v9280s ti4200, and wanted to hear feedback about your results with its overclockability. I've seen such a wide range of numbers in the reviews that it's hard to get a real sense of what people are getting out of this card.

I'm astounded so far to be running stable and w/o artifacts in 3DMark 2001 at 310 core and 690 on the memory. I haven't even tried to push beyond that yet, but mainly because I'm in awe of how hard I'm trouncing some of the numbers I've seen in reviews.

I wonder if there are different gens of this card around, or if some backplates are better attached, or what. There's the rumor that this card has 2.8 ns memory, when it's supposed to at 3.3 ns according to specs. With me hitting 690, I'm inclined to step back and muse.

Anybody?

motility
    proud owner of the v9280s

Just a word of warning. I ran a Asus 8460 @ 327/675 for a while...card never skipped a beat till one day playing UT2K3 with the card at stock speeds.....card locked and was no more...Returned it to Asus but still don't know what the verdict is...if you push it to far it will stop...i never got mine hot or had any problems with it.

Thanks for your response. That's the main reason I asked. Different card, but still it's good to hear the horror stories when necessary.

I've settled down to 310/666 until I hear more from other users of this card.

Cheers!

motility

NP....i will let you know what Asus Says...They have an awesome cooler on it but it doesnt cover the ram on the back chip at all. That is probably where the problem started...

Any suggestions on how to mod this card to improve the backplate cooling, other than taking off the plate and greasing it up? It doesn't make full contact.

motility

I took my back heatspreader? I guess that is what you would call it, off and hit the tops of the ram chips with some AS3. I had plans to use an old P-1 133 HSF on it, attaching it with some AS epoxy, and putting a small 50mm fan on it for some air flow. The card died before I could try out the plan. The card had no TIM on it at all from the factory so one wonders what they think about ram cooling at all?

Well I got my new Vid Card back from Asus...does the same thing as the old one! Now i am lost as far as what the problem is. I wonder if the mother board could be fried? Asus hasnt told me anything as far as what was wrong with my last card. I want TO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG!!!

Yikes!

Try a BIOS flash on the mobo and check for new 4-in-1's.

That sucks!

motility

been there done that already...:(

Thread Information