Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ATI's R350 in mass production

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

God made ATI to train the nVidia faithful. :p

Graphics industry is fickle. It only takes one bad release and you are in the can. FX looks like a bit of a dud so far. Especially performance/$.

Voodoo? What's a Voodoo?
    1700+ @ 2084MHz (166x12.5) -|- SLK-800 w/120mm Fan -|- MSI Ti4200 291/581 -|- 512 ddr PC2700 Crucial @ 372MHz -|- 30gb BB & 80gb JB WD -|- Asus A7V(D'oh)8X -|- CT Dragon Alu w/ 6 80mm Case fans -|- 3DMark2001 score = 12777 -|-

While I am going to get an ATI 9500 modded to either a 9700 Pro or a FireGL...

I in no way believe that nVidia is going down. While they are in some trouble they still have a strong reputation.

You could split their reputation among a couple of topics:

Performance king: For the moment they have lost this to ATI

Best driver stability/support in the business: They definitely still have this one and it would take ATI becoming equal or better then them for an extended period of time to have any hope of stealing this title from them.

How quality and longevity of cards: Still many old cards are supported.

Thatís all that comes to mind now. But even with spending less then $200 to get a product that is "better" then nVidia $400 product I am still worried about drivers and have been having second thought.

I will get the ATI card, but nVidia's driver reputation will keep cards selling.

To bad nVidia is still going to devote resources to the xbox, I do think they really need to re-center themselves again on their core market. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't things start going a little down hill around the time nVidia started working on the xbox?

Thread Information