Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fried? Ti4600?

Ok I have a Asus 8460 GeForce 4. The card froze several weeks ago (During game play) I was unable to use any but the stock drivers. If I attempted to upgrade the resolution or the refresh rate the comp would freeze and on reboot would corrupt the display with blocks...see attached pic. I removed the card from the system and installed an old Geforce 256 card..runs just fine (besides is serious lack as far as games are concerned). I sent the card back to Asus and was sent a new card. Now the same problem. I tried the New card on a diff machine but the problem remains. I tried the old 256 on a diff machine...fine. I believe that the problem lies not with my systems but with the Card its self. Any ideas on what could be causing this to do this?

sorry about the flash on the screen....

here is a link to the original problem i was having.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...&threadid=8032

RMA the sucker. ;)

It just got it back from RMA!!! But it will be going back

Ask for ya money back then and get a Leadtek one. :D

shessh...sux man =/..how did you fry it...?...o'cing?
    - Damien

Don't really know. At the time the card started all of this the card wasn't OC'ed at all. I also think its kinda strange that I returned the card to Asus and got a replacement card with a different serial # but am having the same problem with this card. :?: I wonder if they just put a different sticker on the same card and returned it to me???:?:

seems like u may have gotten a broken card, so if u decide to get another RMA try the card in another computer if u can 1st and see if it runs, it may turn out that they just sent u a bad card but there is a small possibility that there might be something wrong with either your mother board or what ever that is basically killing the cards as u plug them in... the only thing that i can think of here is some how when u plug in a card that needs 1.5v it messes it up cause the older card needs either 3.3 or 5v so that is why u might be able to run it fine. but with the voltage being messed up becomes a whole load of new problems which u seem not to have, well its all i can suggest. Also i dont think they just replaced the S/n on your card and sent it back to u but i would not doupt that u got a refurbished card so there is a bigger chance of it being messed up as it has been used before by some one and obviously asus got it back for some reason. GL

Thanks for the Input. I think i will try the card in one of the other systems floating around here and see if it works 1st. I finally got ahold of a real person at Asus and I am dealing directly with him now. Nice to know! I have another RMA # and will be sending it back in the am. I just hope that its not a problem with my mobo but if it is...upgrade time...;)

Arent the 1.5 and 3.3 versions of AGP different? Don't the have different sockets? I didn't know you could put a older card in a newer mobo and vice versa?

the sockets are identical except for the AGP rating for most of the older motherboards like the one i got the Asus P3V4X, preatty much any grafix card i stick in there will work cause it can provide voltages like 3.3v for cards such as TNT2-Geforce????2(i think) and 5v for the reallly really old beasts that need it, but it also can provide 1.5v for cards GF3-Gf4. Some of the really new mobos like the Asus P4G8X, P4PE BP, DONT even support older cards that need the 3.3v they got a warning light so if u were to stick a TNT2 in there a warning light next to the socket would turn on and u would get nothing, the light is there to protect the motherboard, and the vid card.

Thread Information