Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: NV35

wow nice box.. :)

Now that Martin Haufschild (PNY Marketing) has confirmed that Nvidia's FX 5900 Value card will have a 256 bit memory interface.
    I'm guessing the the current FX 5900 Standard will become the future FX 5900 Value, the current FX 5900 Ultra will become the future FX 5900 Standard and yet to be released NV35 500MHz core will become the future FX 5900 Ultra. Of course this would only apply to the GPU and not the memory.

Now
    FX 5900 Standard =400MHz core
    FX 5900 Ultra = 450MHz core

Future
    FX 5900 Value = 400MHz core
    FX 5900 Standard = 450MHz core
    FX 5900 Ultra = 500MHz core

Abit has announced its new Siluro FX 5900 OTES, more details are available here.

The New Standard in Silent Computing: 25 Decibels
    In the interests of raising the standards of silent computing, ABIT has been working to establish a benchmark with which to judge silent computing. The ABIT Engineers have determined that 25 decibels is the optimum noise level for a system. On the ABIT Siluro FX5900 OTES, the ABIT Engineers have reduced the sound of the VGA card to about 25 decibels. How quiet is 25 decibels? Consider that a garbage truck operates at about 100 decibels, you speak at around 60 decibels, your living room is approximately 40 decibels and a library is at 30 decibels. Sounds that most people cannot hear start at 10 decibels. With OTES, your VGA card will operate at the coolest levels and your gaming and 3D performance at the highest levels.

Abit Siluro FX 5900 OTES image

Spotted this on my travels

I thought I'd post this here as Google will do it's thing and hopefully help anybody else who encounters this bug as I've heard of a few who have.

If your using a mouse specifically a Microsoft mouse and you hear a strange noise when using the scroll wheel in Internet Explorer and you have a GeForceFX 5900 or an Ultra model, the fix is to turn off smooth scrolling in Internet options and the noise should disappear.

This bug is very random and seems to happen with MS mice and the Intellipoint software being installed and it may not happen even if you have the above.

So I hope that helps anyone from tearing their hair out like I have been for the last few days and hopefully this can be fixed with a software update from MS or Nvidia.

Edit: Apprently it's not limited to any MS mouse anything that uses a scroll wheel and happens in explorer and other program etc. , also according to eVGA it has something to do with the voltage levels of the card and Nvidia has been notified and is looking into it.

2D flickering of GeForce FX 5900 – a bug or lame PCB design?

Andrew Vorobyew, our video section editor, answering these forum questions related to screen flickering of NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900-based cards, informed that it seemed the reason of 2D flickering during scrolling of large and picture-rich texts was the 2D clock speed not reduced but set to the 3D nominal. The same flickering occurs in a number of menus or intermediate screens between tests (i.e. in 3DMark03).

This problem was examined on 4 different graphics cards with different drivers. FX5800 doesn't produce such artefacts, but one of the old 5900 Ultra cards on different PCB caused the flickering as well.

Andrew believes the flickering is caused by a hardware GPU bug or PCB circuitry (repeated in the new design) that produces crosstalk and/or raises 2D clock.

Digit-Life

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    2D flickering of GeForce FX 5900 – a bug or lame PCB design?

Andrew Vorobyew, our video section editor, answering these forum questions related to screen flickering of NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900-based cards, informed that it seemed the reason of 2D flickering during scrolling of large and picture-rich texts was the 2D clock speed not reduced but set to the 3D nominal. The same flickering occurs in a number of menus or intermediate screens between tests (i.e. in 3DMark03).

This problem was examined on 4 different graphics cards with different drivers. FX5800 doesn't produce such artefacts, but one of the old 5900 Ultra cards on different PCB caused the flickering as well.

Andrew believes the flickering is caused by a hardware GPU bug or PCB circuitry (repeated in the new design) that produces crosstalk and/or raises 2D clock.

Hi,

I think it looks like the new version ati 9900 pro to improve the
    9800 pro.

Digit-Life
    Asus P4P Deluxe
    Intel 2.8 (800)
    1024 Kingmax Ram
    Audigy 2 card
    Gforce 3TI 200
    Dvd Rom
    Asus Burner
    Skyhawk Aluminium Case
    Antec 550 True Power
    21" HP 1120 Monitor
    Logitech 680 thx 5.1 Speakers
    4 Coloured Case Fans
    1 CathrodeLight
    2 Glowires
    Nexus Vantus Multi unit.
    80 gig Maxtor IDE
    120 Sata Seagate
    160 Sata Seagate
    MS Wireless Desktop Executive Edition.

We have become aware that both NVIDIA and competitor’s cards are experiencing similar problems that are described as “flickering”, “rolling lines” or “quivering” in different forum posts.

NVIDIA has been investigating these problems; we are having a difficult time reproducing the issue. We are under the impression it is a noise issue, not a graphics card issue and is system specific.

In an effort to find a solution, we ask that anyone in the Bay area who is experiencing this issue on an NVIDIA GPU and would like to visit NVIDIA with the system in tow contact us. We can use the system to identify the problem and see if we can resolve the issue. You will be doing a favor to NVIDIA and a service to the community. We will also make sure you leave with an arm full of NVIDIA swag!

First come first served! We can not look at every system in the Bay area, sorry.

Contact bburke@nvidia.com.

NV News

Here's a picture of Gainward's new FX 5900 SE (Value) video card.

Here's a picture of Leadtek's GeForce FX 5900 (Value) card.

Looks like mine...but mines not the weak version...

Mine was the $350-380 one with ViVo...

Runs as fast as the Ultra...showed by my 3DMark03 score...:flames:

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread Information