Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NV35

Yes the NV30 offers 128bit colour, so the NV35 will too, not sure about the R350. Where's RDR when you need him?

The real world is filled with dramatic contrasts between lights, shadows and colors, from the brightest, harshest white
    to the deepest, darkest black. For any game world to convincingly depict a 3D environment, it needs to simulate this
    seemingly infinite range in a decidedly finite space. With each added "bit" of light or color information afforded a game,
    the quality and accuracy of the resulting image grow exponentially. 32-bit color only gives each of the red, green, blue
    and alpha channels 256 choices. 128-bit color provides the developer with literally millions of choices for each channel.
    For film-quality real-time animated visuals, there's simply no substitute. The GeForce FX delivers this demanding level
    of excellence in real time.

Thanks for the clarification !
    As I remember, the jump from 16bit to 32bit had a performance penalty in first gen cards.
    What kind of performance hit will the jump to 128bit color cost us ? Is it worth it yet ??:?: :rolleyes2
    SPAM Special Ops

Sorry but I can't help you there, we will have to wait for retail products to be tested, and comparisims made with
    other cards before that question can be truely answered.
    But I would guess that there must be some sort of performance hit with 128bit colour. Having said that, if we could
    see a game running with that depth of colour, well can you imagine the level of realism?

Not if it's choppy as all hell !
    :shh: But it would be sweet ! :shh:
    SPAM Special Ops

I read somewhere that the R300 and up have floating point color to the 96th bit or something like that. Will go looking, it was in some interview.

The full interview is here.

Here we are:

[Zardon] You've almost got gamma correction completely covered; can we look forward to any further advances? Also in conjunction with that, will 10-bit per component colour output be supported soon, are developers looking to address the rare cases where gamma correction and 8-bit per component color can still cause noticeable banding?

[Richard Huddy] That's a potential future feature for our hardware - but given that we have already added support for floating point colour it's probably not the main thrust of development? Ten bits per channel sounds like a crude approximation compared to 96 bit floating point colour.

Do we know of any games coming out that use 64bit / 96bit / 128bit color ?
    Doom3 ?
    SPAM Special Ops

I've heard rumours that it supports 64 bit colour:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

r-dude.. uh mg?

milligrams?

:shh:

Wow sorry bout that i think i had one or two too many last night.
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information