Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NV35

And here I thought it was some new point systems that some corp. introduced to tell us all how good their paper launched products are.
    :laugh:

Based on the latest roadmap of quite a big graphics card manufacturer we have seen, I can tell you that Santa Clara, California-based NVIDIA Corporation plans to launch its next-generation graphics processors for enthusiasts, game developers and hardcore gamers in the second quarter this year.

The novelty we presently know as the code-named NV35 GPU is going to be a considerably improved GeForce FX 5800 (NV30) graphics processors with several modifications made in order to boost performance, yield and other obstacles that presently do not let NVIDIA to start selling its GeForce FX 5800 solutions in mass quantities. Basically speaking, do not expect too lot from the newer GPU: NV35 reportedly implements 130 million of transistors, just 5 million more compared to NV30.

At the moment there is not really a lot of information concerning the part, though, expect it to support up to 256MB of DDR-II SDRAM memory, DirectX 9.0 and above features and so on. Also the actual graphics cards may have rather fancy look, just like the predecessors, but, at least, let us hope that NVIDIA will give up its Flow FX cooling system that brings great annoyance all the time GPU accelerates 3D-graphics.

Keeping in mind that some stores expect the GeForce FX 5800 and GeForce FX 5800 Ultra to come only in April, I would assume the official launch of the NV35 is not likely to happen until May this year, while the actual cards will appear even later. Nevertheless, we can be sure that the GeForce FX 5800-series is going to have extremely short time of availability as the top in line graphics card.

X-bit

*only* 5 -million- more... sigh... some things are just so good, now if only we could stop blowing each other up.

Apparently the NV35 chipset has taped out, if this proves to be correct, then we should be looking at a June launch.

I've read that the NV35 is supposed to be twice as fast as the NV30....I'll believe that when we see some reviews and benchies...
    SPAM Special Ops

French Hardware reports that a working NV35 sample, running at 250Mhz, is already as fast as a Geforce FX5800U.
    If this turns out to be true, then its an impressive start for Nvidia's new graphics processor.

This time the company decided not to use the brand new DDR-II and to return to DDR-I memory. NV35 will have a 256bit memory bus, and the working frequencies of the chip and memory will be lower than those of the current NV30. However, nevertheless, the performance promises to be considerably higher. For example, in Quake3 Arena game (timedemo1, 1280x1024) the performance difference between NV35 and NV30 made over 70%! Hm.. If we add here an enhanced anisotropic filtering unit and improved anti-aliasing quality, we will get a real tidbit. The only thing which will remain the same is the size of the card with the cooling system installed: the graphics cards based on this chip will still occupy the room of two PCI slots. x-bit

More interesting stuff on the upcoming NV35.

256 Bit Memory Bus
    500MHz DDR I (Effective 1000MHz)
    500MHz GPU
    Low noise cooling solution

Here are the results of a Quake3, 1600x1200, 4XAA and 8xAF benchmark/comparison run by Nvidia at CeBIT 2003.

The NV35 got 111 FPS
    The NV30 got 48 FPS (Geforce FX5800 Ultra)

Both cards were clocked at 250MHz because the NV35 used was a prototype, and they wanted to make an exact comparision to the NV30.

chip.de/nv news

The 9700 got around 90 fps at something close to the same settings I think.

Though if they double the clock speed of the NV35 sweet!

Hmm, now I have to decide if I really want to blow $500 on a 256MB 9800 Pro...

Though nVidia needs to deal with image quality.

So I guess I probably will still go for the 9800. I mean I can't wait 3 more months anyways.

I'm still waiting to try an NV30:laugh: :laugh:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information