Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NV35

Looks like nvidia is haveing to throw some of its money around to try and keep up with ATI. Let the battles commence:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

"Something you should take note of, look at the configuration in which the test was run (16x12, 4X AA, 8X AF); that should tell you a bit about NV35 already."
    "You won't hear anything from NVIDIA until the chip is ready to go, they're keen on not making the same mistakes over again. I'm not too surprised this test info got leaked, I saw it a couple of months ago although I would expect tighter control from NVIDIA surrounding NV35".

Anand Lal Shimpi, Anandtech

1. It's already up and running in Nvidia's labs!
    2. It wil use DDR - not DDR2 (!) memory because of the lower price of memory and PCB, more stability and availability in high volumes.
    3. It will have 256 bit 400 MHz (may be more for ultra) DDR1 memory interface. And there will be cards with 256 MB of memory.
    4. It will have the same features set and probably near as damnit the same core clock.
    5. It will be as twice, and and sometimes a bit more than that, faster in raw shader power for 1.4 and 2.0 pixel shaders whereas the NV30 was not such a strong performer as we wished - so this aspect is pretty tuned up, lads!
    6. It shows from 1.5 up to 2.0 times performance of NV30 depending on the tasks and the final frequency specs.
    7. It will be definitely faster than RADEON 9800 PRO.
    8. Other side specs like RAMDAC freq are the same as for NV30.

Inq

Wouldn't it be great if all these facts turn out to be true, pity about the (G)DDR2 memory though.

The following information comes from an interview between Josh Walrath (Penstarsys) and Mike Hara, Nvidia's VP of Investor Relations and Communications. It's a long interview but well worth a read, all Nvidia's products are covered.

Chip Production

This then leads to the low-k dielectrics question. TSMC was initially supposed to implement low-k in their 0.13u Cu process in Q3 2002, but it didnít turn out to be the case. NVIDIA initially designed the NV-30 to utilize a low-k design, but that was dropped very shortly due to the increased risk that the low-k process will not be available. This turned out to be a good decision, but one that was not important enough to get the NV-30 out in a timely manner. Due to these process technologies, the NV-30 was delayed time and again, and only now are we seeing these products trickle into the market. Going with IBM as a primary partner will help to alleviate these problems, as the IBM fab at East Fishkill is begging for customers to use their advanced processes on 300 mm wafers. IBM already has available low-k and SOI features for bulk 0.13u Cu products. NVIDIA thinks that this is perfect for their next round of products.

Engineering and Product Development

One of the main questions asked of NVIDIA is how they do it all? NVIDIA has grown from three engineers in the early 90's to over 400+ engineers this year. How exactly is this workforce divided up? Any company producing processors makes "teams" of engineers that are focused on one product or architecture. Here is the basic breakup of teams: there are three distinct GPU teams that work on a variety of parts, two platform processor teams (nForce and derivatives), and additional teams for the mobile market. All in all there are approximately 6+ teams at any one time at NVIDIA.

NV35

NVIDIA has also shown off working silicon of the NV-35 chip, and it appears to be significantly more powerful than the NV-30. Even though the NV-30 was delayed, the other projects continued on schedule, and the NV-35 was part of that schedule. Perhaps the NV-35 was originally positioned for a Fall 2003 release, but due to pressure from ATI as well as the disappointing launch of the NV-30, we can probably expect the NV-35 to be introduced within the next four months. While Mike couldnít verify this, he did mention that this 2nd quarter was going to be VERY interesting.

Nforce2

Core logic is an area where there is a huge amount of innovation just waiting to happen. I originally asked Mike about improvements upon the audio portion of the nForce 2, and he basically gave me a much broader picture about what NVIDIA plans to do. The entire platform needs to be examined to get a good concept on what is coming up. The MCP is the area where the most amount of innovation will occur. No longer is the MCP really a Southbridge, but rather a multi-media controller. Currently the MCP-T provides high quality audio, router and multistream capabilities, USB 2.0, 1394, and a host of typical Southbridge features. Future products will include wireless support, Gig-E, Serial ATA, and other technologies. NVIDIA tries to maintain their balance here by watching technology trends.

Final Thoughts

Mike could not stress more that the 2nd quarter of this year will be very, very interesting to watch. We will see a greater variety of FX products hit the streets, as well as the possible introduction of the NV-35. Put on top of that the possible mobile refresh, as well as the possible next generation of nForce parts. NVIDIA is still a company to keep your eye on.
    Penstarsys

Full interview here >>

You may remember I wrote a mini-rant about NVIDIA's "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" logo campaign and how it relates to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. when they said the game engine was built using a Radeon 9700. I emailed the guys who are developing the game, asked for clarifications, and got a response from Oles V. Shishkovtsov. Here's what he had to say.

We use all hardware for development of Stalker, although most are NVIDIA. We will produce a game with the best quality, compatibility, and performance on all supported hardware (T&L or better). Here are the general things. As a programmer, I need to get access to the latest hardware and talk to it's manufacturers, otherwise we may get way behind the competition. I want to give credit to NVIDIA for agreeing to be our technical partner and render us this kind of assistance (we contacted NVIDIA and ATI for several months, but ATI did not respond). NVIDIA offers me early hardware and very good support. Prior to GeForceFX I worked with Radeon 9700 but I am currently developing the Stalker engine on NV35. Naturally, such close work with NVIDIA engineers allows me to come up with better optimizations and support the new technologies of NVIDIA boards.

In Stalker you'll be able to play fine on NVIDIA and ATI hardware - the gameplay and run stability should be the same. On ATI boards Stalker will run fast, but on NVIDIA boards it will run even faster, plus gamers will get a set of unique effects, namely due to close work with the company enginers and support of NVIDIA hardware features.

That helps clear things up, and I want to thank Oles for taking the time to respond to my email.
    3dgpu

There is a very good possibilty that the NV35 will be officially announced at E3 (13-16th of May).
    Geforce FX6800 Ultra and Geforce FX11600 Ultra are the favourite names for Nvidia's new high end card.

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    Geforce FX6800 Ultra and Geforce FX11600 Ultra are the favourite names for Nvidia's new high end card.
    Geforce FX11600 Ultra ?? LMAO !!! nVidia wants to "better" ATI in the name game too ? hahaha, ATI's R400 is supposed to be the Radeon 10000, so nVidia might name their card the 11600 ? :rofl: :rofl:
    SPAM Special Ops

Geforce FX 5900

0.13m chipset
    256bit memory controller
    425/850MHz core/memory
    128mb DDR memory
    28GB/sec bandwidth

399.00 USD

Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
    Same spec as FX 5900 except for the memory

256mb DDR memory

499.00 USD

Reportedly the overheating problems have been solved, so it should be back to a quieter and more conventional cooler.
    The Inq

Nvidia are going to launch a budget version of their Geforce FX 5900, the card should be available in July, and will cost $299 USD.

Leaked Geforce FX 5900 Ultra photo

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information