Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DirextX problems(Radeon 7200)

These are the drivers Im getting ready to install...

http://www.voodoofiles.com/4730

Ok...So I did something stupid...

I took the DirectX 9.0 redistro since hte .exe doesnt work fro me and I unzipped all the files into my system32 folder...NOT SMART.

But I went to my DXDiag and the DirectX test worked for 8 and 9 but not for 7...Then I tried to run the game and I still had the same problem...I wonder what i am to do now..

DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
    Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 30 (EndScene): HRESULT = 0x887602fb (error code)
    Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful.
    Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.

Right i'm rested and ready to work:D . Well by the sounds of it u may have the first radeon. I'll check wot version of direct x it supports but can you please run through wot you've done again for me.:cheers:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I suspect the problem is most likely with your DirectX/Video drivers/Windows configeration
    If I were in your shoes I would seriously consider a fresh windows install

....a Radeon7200 is basically the original Radeon core...I used to have one of those, I didn't have any problems running it with either DX7 or DX8.

I had Ati Radeon 7200 64Mb and it had no problems running any game I tried. 7200 is just renamed Radeon SDR. It should not have any differences. Madonions database identifies 7200 as Radeon sdr ..

I used it under 98SE and XP and always upgraded to the latest Ati catalyst drivers. They actually improved performance with each new version.

Its not that outdated yet - it can outperform any Gf2MX card with same amount of memory. It supports Dx7.1 so you do get few tricks more than MX cards.

So I think your DirectX installation is majorly screwed up. Fresh install of Windows should cure that. And then get the latest drivers from Ati website.

Also do consider that new videocard might not perform well with that Dx mixup of yours ...

Good luck.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information