Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus V9280S(Superfast)!

Quote Originally Posted by 0R1()N
    :wow: :eek: :wow: :barf: no way! you mean a geforce 4 ti4600 is the same price as a radeon 9700 pro the same radeon that kicks the crap out of the ti 4600? cause over here the ti4600 costs 150 where as the radeon 9700 pro costs 350$
    $150(usd?) for a Ti4600? - that's cheap...I can get a Ti4200 for that, but not a Ti4600/4800

right now here's just about the best I can get in Canadian Dollars

Powercolor Ti4800 ...$379
    Powercolor Radeon 9700Pro...$409
    Sapphire Radeon 9700nonPro...$332
    Sapphire Radeon 9500Pro...$239
    Joytech Apollo Ti42008X.....$229
    Powercolor Radeon9100 128MB 250/250 $141
    Sapphire Radeon9100 64MB 250/230 $102

...this is without any research - just what by hardware supplier sends me on his pricelist, sometimes I can do a few dollars better if I push him a bit:hammer:

RDR,those are great prices.can you recommend any computer parts store in Vancouver,BC.Also,do you recommend "retail or Oem"?Btw,the lowest price i found for the Asus V9280S is $340[canadian]@A-link in Vancouver.Do you think there will be more price cuts on the gf4 cards?I'm Canadian,so i should support ATI,lol.I'm reluctant on getting the ATI cards,because they're fairly new on the market,and gf4 ti cards are mature.
    A friend of mine,a friend of ours.
    What do i call you?

:D oops
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Don... Brasco
    I'm Canadian,so i should support ATI[/b]

:rofl:...I think the Canadian economy will survive if you decide to buy an nVidia product...just buy what suits you best

.I'm reluctant on getting the ATI cards,because they're fairly new on the market,and gf4 ti cards are mature.

the R300 has been available for >6months...that's pretty old for a GPU..the next generation is due out in a matter of weeks
    :

As far as hardware dealers go - www.ncix.com is on the west coast, they have decent prices

Elcosystems is who I usually deal with (the Toronto office) - I think they have a Western office too, they don't publish prices online & they sell mainly to resellers, I buy enough hardware (about $30K/yr.) that I get the reseller prices...I don't know what their end-user prices are like.

Thanks for the info,RDR.I'll check out those sites you recommended.Also a big thanks to all the guys here who help make my decision easier.:shoot3:
    A friend of mine,a friend of ours.
    What do i call you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information