Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What brand video card is the CHEAPEST Ti 4200 4x/8x?

I need a GF4 Ti 4200 that will be compatible with 4x as well as 8x! This is so I can use it right now with the motherboard I have got (Soyo SYK7VTA Pro.....4x AGP) and then later on, buy an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard that is able to handle the extra AGP speed! I need prices for both the 128 and the 64 mb versions if you don't mind. I also want to point out that I only need a svga connectior! I don't use the DVI outs or anything and I think it will cut down on my cost if I just get a barebones video card! It can be OEM or retail I really don't care, just as long as it is cheap.....I live in the United States so please keep this in mind when you give me the web address of a retailer, as international sites will charge me an arm and a leg for shipping from overseas! Thanks. (PS If you can get a retailer that accepts MONEY ORDERS, it would be great!)

First, all AGP8X cards will work in a 4X socket. If you plan to by OEM or white box vid cards, check the specs, as many of these are clocked lower than the retail versions. As for price searches for US venders, here's a link:

http://www.pricewatch.com/

OK.....I thought that the 8x cards would give problems with a 4x socket, because I read a thread on ebay that some guy was selling his Ti4200 card because he said it would not work in his sons computer! I am assuming that although he did not say what it was, it had to be either a 2x or 4x AGP slot. Would a 8x card work in a 2x AGP slot as well?? Just curious!

I don't remember all of the particulars, but there is a voltage issue between slots and cards if you go too far back in the AGP ancestry. Maybe someone else could define the exact issue.

:idea: have a look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum

Thread Information