Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do I need a cooling ujpgrade 4 my 9700Pro?

Yes, IŽll wait for the 9800, to buy a 9700pro a lot cheaper. ;)

But, about the review of the PSUs.... It was very clear to me to understand, but after read it, went to see my PSU, and itŽgoes like this:

20a V3.3+
    20a V5+
    9a V12+

(itŽs a codegen 250W)

I have the speedfan software installed, and the readings are:

4.5 V3.3+
    7.5 V5+
    12.43 V12+ (this one left me:eek: )

How can that be??????

PlLus, If the review is worthy of trust, then IŽll be in no trouble getting a 9700pro, since it doesnŽt affect my V12+

Is all of this correct?????????

Ricky, the 9700 has its own power lead for a 12V connector from your PSU so it most definitely *will* affect the 12V output from your PSU. IMHO your current PSU is woefully insufficient for your current system much less after adding the 9700. You're probably pushing your current PSU to its limits, I'd seriously consider getting a decent PSU with a minimum of 16a-18a available on the 12V rail. HTH, keep us posted...
    Tomac

:wow:

Ok, I see you point, but what Žbout what rugbydude said????

"""No worries bout all this mate. You might have to upgrade to a bigger power supply or you might not. I know people whove not been able to get a radeon 9700 working on a 350w p.s.u yet others with 250 work fine"""

In my ignorance, I have two opposite sides.... and dunno what to do...:tears:

I mean,... if I really HAVE TO buy it, then IŽll buy it. But if I can save the money, a lot better:p

Ha! I've seen 400w PSU's brought low by that video card. :laugh:

All i can say is that that card is one picky BIATCH
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky1810
    :wow:

Ok, I see you point, but what Žbout what rugbydude said????

"""No worries bout all this mate. You might have to upgrade to a bigger power supply or you might not. I know people whove not been able to get a radeon 9700 working on a 350w p.s.u yet others with 250 work fine"""

In my ignorance, I have two opposite sides.... and dunno what to do...:tears:

I mean,... if I really HAVE TO buy it, then IŽll buy it. But if I can save the money, a lot better:p
    From what I've read in other posts about people w/the 9700 the lower-wattage PSU's that work are quality units running near or at max load whereas cheap generic PSU's w/greater overall wattage are failing because there's insufficient amps available on the 12V rail.
    I have a cheap ($35) 450W single fan PSU that appears to be stable w/my XP2700 & 9700 rig but it also lists 16a on the 12V rail. I now keep that cheap PSU as a backup for my new Antec 430W True Power PSU.
    You can try running your 9700 w/your current PSU but you risk damaging your mobo & the PSU if your system tries to draw more power than the PSU can provide.
    Tomac

Here, a friend who knows a lot of hardware and electronic is saying to me that a generic 300w psu whit the same "9 A on 12 v" is the same thing that having this 250W... is this true ? Must i get a really good PSU like enermax or antec ? Thanx !

I can't say if you need it or not. But, having a good PSU is never a bad thing. It would help to keep your system stable.
    The question is whether you can afford to buy a new PSU :?:
    SPAM Special Ops

Yeah when I first built my new rig over christmas I was using the crappy generic ps that came with my crappy generic case, unfortunately this meant that whenever i was gaming for more than an hour or 2 the comp would suddenly turn off . Then I got a nice Antec 400W ps and it solved all of my problems :D :thumb: . Unfortunately it also cost me like $80 USD :cry: In the end its definitely worth the stability though, plus it will run more fans and lights

Enermac PSUs are crap, they had a really good name about 18months - 24months ago but their quality has seriously dropped. The PSU of choice id defintly ANTEC some of those voltage rail are all over the place.

Dont skimp on the product that supplies ever component with power. I killed a proccesor and a motherboard with a Dodgy Aopen 300watt power supply.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information